• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1930's Rem Model 141 GameMaster .35 pump

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The gun looks like its 90 - 100 yrs old, but its in perfect working condition.
The bore is in good condition - no rust.
Using Rem 200gr RN bullets, this gun is a light, easy carry, 150yd deer sledgehammer.
Asking 650.00 + FFL/Shipping
Any questions just ask.
I was just informed by a member in another site that the Model 141 was made from 1935-1954.
A fam member talked to a rep at Remington some yrs ago about the 2 we have - passed down 3 gen & they were told they were both made in late 1920's to early 1930's. I corrected the title & wanted to update that info.
Rem .35 4 of 6.JPGRem .35 6 of 6.JPGRem .35 5 of 6.JPGRem .35 pics 1 of 6.JPGRem .35  2 of 6.JPGRem .35 3 of 6.JPG

Last edited:
That's a nice one Mr. Tom. I have always liked the gamemaster....i think the cartridge in the reciever is one of the coolest things the big R ever did!
Yessir 100% Outside of the 2 that got passed down to the father & me & the other 2 my grandpa's brothers had, I've only seen 2 others in my lifetime. Awesome deer & black bear & hog guns, really fast throw to shoulder & fire guns

Nice, them old pumps are apart of a deer hunting heritage, like the m-94 winny. I have a 1950 model, when I bought it from the old fella, he gave me a box of shells he bought with the gun. It had 11 unfired shells in the box. It came with a Lyman peep. I've maybe shot 40 rounds through it. The gun is so tight, like new I'd say. My 14 year old claimed that one..
Lol

Nice, them old pumps are apart of a deer hunting heritage, like the m-94 winny. I have a 1950 model, when I bought it from the old fella, he gave me a box of shells he bought with the gun. It had 11 unfired shells in the box. It came with a Lyman peep. I've maybe shot 40 rounds through it. The gun is so tight, like new I'd say. My 14 year old claimed that one..
Lol
Thanks & cool story about the old mod 94 Win. Thats very cool that your teenager got it. Every other man in my fam all passed their guns down to their sons, all except for my father. He took all of our grandpa's guns after he dies & kept them all in a closet all these yrs along with all his. He's not passing a single one down to any of us. He's been selling them all off to his sunday cult buddies & a cpl brokers at dirt cheap prices. He tried to keep my grandpa from giving me this one when I was in my late teens. Its bittersweet havin to sell it. I tried to give it to my youngest brother so he got something, but he lives in Europe & for what all he'd have to do & pay to get it shipped over there, he didn't want to go through it.

Thanks & cool story about the old mod 94 Win. Thats very cool that your teenager got it. Every other man in my fam all passed their guns down to their sons, all except for my father. He took all of our grandpa's guns after he dies & kept them all in a closet all these yrs along with all his. He's not passing a single one down to any of us. He's been selling them all off to his sunday cult buddies & a cpl brokers at dirt cheap prices. He tried to keep my grandpa from giving me this one when I was in my late teens. Its bittersweet havin to sell it. I tried to give it to my youngest brother so he got something, but he lives in Europe & for what all he'd have to do & pay to get it shipped over there, he didn't want to go through it.
Sorry to hear that ,bud.

Awesome guns. My father had one, but sold it before I could buy it from him. They are a good brush gun .
GLWS

My grandad had one in .35rem. All I remember about it is shooting it once or twice at the range. That light and handy gun with the small metal buttpad kicked the heck out of me! That being said , I wish someone in the family still had it. Great woods gun!

If I remember correctly that gun is also a takedown model, if you unscrew the big headed screw on the left side of the receiver, I believe the gun will come apart.

I inherited my Dad's Marlin 336 in .35 Remington 20 years ago, 10 years ago I saw a 141 in the same caliber and had to have it.
Great woods and hog gun and they both like the Flex-tip ammo. A professional guide told me to take the aperture out of the rear peep when hunting, great tip since it really increases your field of view. It's nice to get a critter with iron sights sometimes.
GLWS

I inherited my Dad's Marlin 336 in .35 Remington 20 years ago, 10 years ago I saw a 141 in the same caliber and had to have it.
Great woods and hog gun and they both like the Flex-tip ammo. A professional guide told me to take the aperture out of the rear peep when hunting, great tip since it really increases your field of view. It's nice to get a critter with iron sights sometimes.
GLWS
Thanks for your reply. The Marlin 336 has a long history too, cool lever-action brush gun. The only ammo I used was Rem 200gr RN. They put the serious smackdown on critters. Open iron sights were all I knew growin up. I didnt start hunting with a scoped rifle until I was nearly 30. Yes, I'd agree about the peeps & removing the fine rear aperture. I did exactly that on the sidelock I had. I'm building another one & putting peeps on it too.

Remington pump rifles are very popular here in New England, we can thank Larry Benoit and other deer stalkers. Most do not have scope sights, open sights are much quicker in thick brush and low light situations.

A fine rifle. I have one myself. I'll never sell it and you won't get it out of cold dead hand if I see you coming.

My annual $ allotment has been severely impacted by recent Blackhorn 209 and Primer procurement activities.
When the warden interrogates me I just tell her I'm squirreling away the funds for our anniversary.
I sure hope I can garner her interest in shooting before July 20, or I'll be looking for a new roommate...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back