1st squirrel of the year

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

dbowling

Made it out into the woods for about a hour and a half this evening after the storms rolled thru.. man was it hot/muggy and tons of bugs.. Killed 1st squirrel I found cutting in a shag bark hickory, shot was straight up about a 100 ft up in tree free hand, seen 2 more shot at 1 of them and missed over its head..
Gun used was Bestill custon .32 Omega actions, Rice RB barrel, 25 gr BH209 and patched round ball.

20190820_200602.jpg

edmehlig

Dean, that is one fine looking rifle!! I'm going to take that my Grandsons ;) 32 cal ML out myself this squirrel season. I'm going to use 25gr of Goex 3F behind the patch and round ball.

ShawnT

Nice Dean! Man you get to start on squirrel early. Ohio is in Sept. I know I have asked you this before but CRS seems to have a hold on me, But what does that rifle weigh? I keep thinking about doing one like that.

dbowling

I believe its 8# something cant remember, it doesn't feel like it though its balanced so well, very easy to carry. I went in the evening which I probably hvent done in 35 yrs, after I got in the woods I remembered why, tons of bugs, birds making all kinds of noise and the squirrels dont move/cut near as much when its 85 deg.

Ed hope to see some pictures of your squirrels/gun.

ShawnT

Thanks Dean. Hate the bugs too. I usually wait till about October anymore. I really like the cooler crisp mornings myself, plus it seems they are a bit more active then.

twild

Nice shootin Dean if I ever become wealthy I'm going to have to have one of those built.

Latest posts