1x scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarvis243

Reaction score
Ok this is the first time i have ever used a 1x scope. My wife got me the sightron 1x scope for me for an anniversery gift. I put it on my Triumph tonight and when i look through it i can see the end of my barrel through it. Is that normal? I'm so used to not seeing anything. I am gonna take it out in the morning and shoot for the first time. I don't know what kind of groups to expect but i'm pretty excited to try it out!

Thanks
Kyle

how much of the barrel are you seeing?? Not sure how it mounts, but you may want to add a riser or higher rings..

I have a Bushnell Trophy MP (1x) on an AR an I dont see the barrel when looking thru it.. BUT an AR15 mounts higher up..

good luck

Brian

I can see about half of my barrel. I had a Bushnell 3x9 on there before and i couldn't see anything. I don't know if it was because of the magnification. When i bore sighted it before with the bushnell we had to shim the base a little to get it where we wanted it on paper. What do you guys think?

Thanks
kyle

yes, you will see the end of the barrel and the front sight as well. Depending on how its mounted will determine how much of the barrel you see. I shoot a 2 Nikons, 2 Traditions, and 2 Thompson Center 1x scopes. The best for least barrel is the Nikon. That's because it is a 1x20mm where the others are 1x32mm scopes. You will learn to ignore it.

Thank you for your help. I took it out this morning to shoot it and i really didn't notice the barrel in the scope. Now i just need to get my gun shooting better. I was shooting the 250 grn shockwave the other day and theyseemed to be grouping pretty good. This morning i used some old powerbelts (245grn) to sight my gun in or at least get it in the ballpark and then zero it in with the shockwaves. Well it shot pretty good with the powerbelts but when i switched to the shockwaves theywere all over the place. Any ideas? I was using 90 and 100 grns of Pyrodex RS.

Well it could be a number of reasons...

The barrel needed to be cleaned if you had been shooting a lot.
The barrel might have heated up by the time you got to the Shockwaves.
Shooter fatigue
Just not your day.

There are so many things that can go wrong out there, its hard to put your finger on it. Next time start out with the Shockwaves. What rifle are you shooting.

Yeah thats true. I'm shooting a Triumph. I'm wondering if it might have been because of the barrel temp. We went early in the morning just so we wouldn't have to mess with the heat here in So. Utah. I was cleaning the barrel between every shot and was really consistant with cleaning. I shot all of the powerbelts that i had so it will just be shockwaves so we will see what happens this next trip out.

Latest posts

Back