Smokeless with open sights?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHR

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
As Utah is moving to eliminate scopes from muzzleloaders, I find myself in this weird position of having started down the smokeless path only to have the rug pulled out from under me on my long range ideas. Sure I could keep one scoped for smokeless fun at distance, but since I want to practice how I will hunt, I'm not going that way.

All that said, I can't hunt with smokeless anyway!

So, my next goal is to find a smokeless load that shoots exactly as a BH209 load would, so that my practice will be cheaper at least.
Anyone done or doing this ?

Pic for Attention: back when muzzleloaders could not have magnifying scopes, but 1x or red dots were legal.
photo.2.JPG

I hunt Utah every year and will be fine to go back to no scopes during the muzzy hunts. Hopefully the muzzy odds will get a little better. I don’t hunt with a centerfire - I use a muzzy for all any weapon hunts and OIL hunts.

But to answer the question, I haven’t worked up a Bh209 identical load in sml. Shouldn’t be too tough though.

Latest posts

Back