2 Questions about Bullets and Range Rod

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseran

Reaction score
My first Question, Hornady makes the T/C yellow polymer tip 50 cal. 250gr Shockwave bullets. Where can you buy them in bulk without sabots???

Second Question, What is the best range rod with a handle and where can it be bought???

Thank you for any information??????.
:?:

#1 No! You can't buy them in bulk,anywhere,without the sabots. #2 The Power Rod. Knight had it then XS or vicea versa, now you can get it from T/C they bought out the rights to it.

The T/C rods are also very stout and with proper handle make an excellent range rod.

I have a Thompson Center Rugged Rod.. while it is a nice strong range rod, it only has one working end. This is the downfall of the rod. I would look for a strong solid rod with female ends on both ends. I have not looked into the Knight yet but the Super Rod by Cains is a nice rod also. I bought one for a replacement ramrod (old wooden one I do not trust anymore) and I am impressed with that rod.

I would look at the Knight since these fellows know what they are talking about. If only the one female end is all you need, then the Thompson Center is a great one as well.

I have a Thompson Center Rugged Rod.. while it is a nice strong range rod, it only has one working end. This is the downfall of the rod..

That's interesting my T/C rod has two female ends...one or a handle and one for a cleaning jag.
Either way, I'm sure that Knight makes a fine rod too.

I also have the Knight Range Rod. I would rate it as excellent for range work. It has a large round handle and is made of solid alum. I also have a Power Rod and it is an excellent hunting rod but, in my opinion, it is not nearly as good for range work.

It's a shame not to be able to buy those bullets in bulk. Could save money. It was just a thought.

I looked at the Knight Range Rod and will order one. It has a "T" handle and looks stout enough.

Thanks for all your inputs.....answered question are a real help.

Merry Xmas to all..................................moose

I looked at the Knight Range Rod and will order one. It has a "T" handle and looks stout enough.

You'll really like it and will wonder how you EVER did without it! :wink: 8)

Back