20 gauge Ultra Slug Hunter misfires

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lefteye1

Reaction score
I am having problems with misfires on my 20 gauge Ultra Slug Hunter. The primer is hit fairly hard but the rounds will not fire. It's not the ammo because it fires in other guns. I have had the problem with Winchester Partion Golds and Hornady SSTs. This gun was sent back to the factory and supposedly had the action re-worked. It fired 15-20 times before I had the problem again. It's a shame because it is really accurate. I made shots on deer out to 135 yards with the Partition Golds.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this? I'm about to turn this thing into a fence post.

I know someone who had the same problem with a skeet gun. The misfires drove him crazy. A gunsmith ended up replacing the spring in the action which fixed his problem.

20 gauge Ultra Slug Hunter misfires

Bought the same gun in 12 ga. for my grandson about 2 years ago and had the same problem. Took it back to the dealer and he replaced the firing pin spring. No problems after that.
They are indeed a very accurate gun.

Back