Blackhorn issues

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are really paying the price they want for BH now? I'll stick to using real black. Cleaning doesn't bother me.
Totally worth the cost for me (although I’m stocked up for a few years at the old price). Powder is one of the cheapest expenses in my hunting adventures. Cost doesn’t bother me.

Totally worth the cost for me (although I’m stocked up for a few years at the old price). Powder is one of the cheapest expenses in my hunting adventures. Cost doesn’t bother me.

T7 and BH used to be the same price. T7 has added $10 to the price. Acceptable. BH has almost tripled the price. How can they justify that? No other powder that I know of cost that much. Including smokeless. What makes the powder so special?

Good thing you have a good supply. Who knows what the price will be by the time you need to buy it again.

I won't be ripped off and $72 for BH is a rip off and it's 8oz now on top of it. I remember paying $24 for 10oz.

The more expensive Bh209 gets the more I’ll go to shooting smokeless.
The more I keep learning from everyone here the more I'm thinking I need to smokeless. Think I'll get myself a cva scout 45-70 from Santa to start my first smokeless build. Seems to be the cheapest abd easiest route.

Last edited:
The more I can't learning from everyone here the more I'm thinking I need to smokeless. Think I'll get myself a cva scout 45-70 from Santa to start my first smokeless build. Seems to be the cheapest abd easiest route.
Personally, I don’t think you can beat a Woodman Omega. Prob gonna be about the same cost.

The more I keep learning from everyone here the more I'm thinking I need to smokeless. Think I'll get myself a cva scout 45-70 from Santa to start my first smokeless build. Seems to be the cheapest abd easiest route.
Maybe see if you can find a CVA Hunter to convert. Blued, but slightly longer barrel and no brake.

Maybe see if you can find a CVA Hunter to convert. Blued, but slightly longer barrel and no brake.

That is an awesome idea. It comes in 450 bushmaster which is a .452 bullet diameter. I can use that for deer season here in Illinois until I acquire the hundred other things I need to keep going down this road.

Back