200/250 Shockwave Sabot question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimmyTriumph

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question regarding the shockwave sabots. I have a couple of boxes of the 200gr shockwaves, with the blue sabots and the bullet doesn't seem to fit in the sabot. The bullet will only go about half way into the sabot and pushing in that far pushes the pedals on the sabot out to the point where it isn't supporting the bullet. My question is, is this right? or did I get a batch of bad sabots with these bullets?

I also have some 250gr shockwaves and some 240gr xtps from TC. Each of these bullets fit nicely into the sabot, they go all the way down and the pedals on the sabot support the bullet keeping it striaght. When I look at these and compare them to the 200gr SW, it just doesn't seem right.

That is the nature of the animal. They will shoot great...just seat them well.

I think we have all asked the same question at one time or another.

Thanks for the reply. Being a noob to ML'ing I was just unsure about them and figured I should ask.

I am glad to hear that they will be alright to shoot...now if the weather would ever cooperate I could get some range time in.

Latest posts

Back