200+yard deer rifle quest . Barrel length ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good stuff fellas and I surely do thank you for the advise and help with this quest . Im not a great shot , good as some I would say . I for sure will have a rest , shooting rail on our stands . I did pull of a neck shot on a little 8 at 108 yards , off hand , Marlin 336 in 35 Rem . My home rolled 200 grn. rem over 36 grns. H4895 . Son and SIL sdanding next to me when I did it . I aint saying It was a great shot but for me I was very happy . I have shot that rifle Mucho times with home rolled ammo and know exactly It should do . Neck is a small target , pretty much dead deer on the ground or a miss . I too believe in an ethical shot make no mistake .

And having a bullet designed to do the job at the 200-250 yard range at the speeds that I can handle "Recoil " Is absolutely the key to this endeavor I believe . This is where I need the help of you fellas , and am getting . Thank you so much as I DO understand what goes into load development . But , Im just going to come out and say it lol , I just don't have the shooting passion I once did for some reason . I honestly love bow hunting again and dont see it getting , old or unchallenging . Honestly one of the reasons I got my first ever bolt action rifle last year .

I love Marlin lever guns mostly the lowely 35 Remington cartridge . Great round . But I don't stretch it out much past 100ish yards . Been my hunting rifle for 20 years . It honestly kind of lost its shine over time to me . Don't take this the wrong way but , its gotten too easy to bring home deer with it.
The first gun i bought with my own $ is a 336 30/30. Still have it. Love it.

Latest posts

Back