2000FPS?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron S

Reaction score
I just seen a ad on tv advertizing the "new" T7 Magnum pellets. It advertized them as a 2000fps load :roll: . Have any of you guy's shot this yet? I have a friend that has shot some,and wasn't impressed,with the velocity. This was a two pellet load (100gr,equiv) and he said it was no where near as fast as the 150gr. (3 pellets) pyrodex load (2182 fps.). Ron

magnum charges

I have shot them with 250gr. shockwaves and 250gr knight tmzs with ez load sabots. the av. velocitys were both barely over 2000' out of an omega.
The magnum charges was not suppose to replace the three 50gr pellet charge, but is designed to duplicate the 100gr charge of loose 777.
I like the two pellet magnum load very accurate and very handy when hunting.
The regular two 50gr. pellet load of 777 will top out around 1800' per sec. out of my omega vs 2000' per sec. for the two magnum pellets.

Thanks,Herb! I was thinking it was supposed to replace the "150" (3) pellet load. According to T/C's load data(for 150 gr (3) pellets of pyrodex) it is 2182 fps. So it looks like you can get real close,with one less pellet! Ron

Someone posted "chronographed" results recently on the T-7 Magnum pellets and there was nothing 'Magnum" about them.

Chocdog

Yeah,Chocdog! My friend said they didn't do "anything special"! He shot them at 150yds,and said they didn't have anymore velocity than the "regular" T7 pellets. With the "claimed velocity" 2000fps. He was hoping to replace his 3 pellet load,with a 2 pellet load,and get about the same performance. Didn't happen! Ron Forget the 2 pellet post,my bad :roll: Ron

Chuck,

I'm sorry, I forgot it was you that "posted" the T-7 "magnum" pellet results. I have been inhaling to much 777 loose lately. :oops: :oops:

Greg

magnum pellets

I borrowed my friends chrono today and shot several of the 250gr. tmz. I couldnt get over 1983' per sec. with a low of 1946' per sec. The average 1962' per sec.
I was getting a hare over 2000" per sec in late august maybe it had something to do with the heat, or maybe it was my cheap pro chrony.

It may also be that you are shooting with the same batch of pellets and they were not kept in an airtight container... Like a ziplock bag..

Its possible they took on a bit of moisture....

Just guessing..

I used these mags on a deer hunt in NM. I bought a new T/C triupmh and used 290 gr barnz TMZ and was getting groups overlapping each other at 150 yrds. As I moved in to 100 yrds and out to 200 yrds, the bullet drop I was getting was close to 2400 fps as indicated on the ballistic charts that came with the sabots. Not sure how accurate that chart is, but I was very impressed. I wont change the powder or the bullet.

I was succesful in my muley hunt. Although I shot the buck at 15 yrds

Latest posts

Back