2022 Oklahoma Crossbow Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Reaction score
Hunting the first week of October has now paid off for three years in a row. I’m an avid game cam user and keep them running year around, and I generally try to pick out a specific buck to hunt as I watch them grow during the summer. For the last 3 years, I’ve killed my target buck in the first week of season.
I decided to hunt this years buck in late July, and after getting at least a couple hundred game cam pictures of him, my first time to see him in person was Sunday evening (10-2). Needless to say, it didn’t end well for him. He came in just before the end of legal shooting light and presented a 30 yard broadside shot. The hit looked and sounded good, but I waited in the stand about 30 minutes before looking for blood even though I was pretty sure I heard him crash. I’ve been using Carbon Express XT4 broadheads for several years and been less than impressed with the blood trails. I’ve stayed with them because they shoot great, and deer usually go down within sight. This time the blood trail was spectacular. He ended up going about 40 yards. He weighed 260# live weight, had 33” back straps, 14” tenderloins, and a gross score of 159”. This is my third season to use the Stryker Offspring, and it’s my favorite crossbow.
523AF905-C330-428D-BF10-81EF644BCAED.jpeg

Back