• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE 209 Conversion and 209 Breech plug For Remington

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nit Wit

Reaction score
My friend called and he has some 700 Ml rifles. He wants a couple 209 breech plugs and a couple of conversions from caps.
Thanks
Nit Wit

I would like to know where to find a conversion from #11 caps to 209 primers. I have a lot of 209's and would like to use them up , ,, or just have the conversion if I ever run out of #11 caps. You never know, there were no primers at all on the shelf at a pretty good size gun store, however, they still had a few thousand # 11 caps though. Supplies are getting thin out there.

BadgerRidge offers them but looks like a backorder right now.
https://ww [QUOTE="michiganmuzzy, p...ridgeind.com/store/p10/700ML_KIT.html[/QUOTE]I installed a Badger Ridge conversion kit in my Remington 700ML the breach plug Has a liner in it that's for using pellets and can remove the liner for BH powder.

Glad you came back to me on my reply about removing the vent liner a fella told me to do it but I don't have any intentions to do so rifle shoots BH or pellets just fine, when I see him I'll tell him that he was wrong.

If you calculated the area of the hole in the vent liner, and then compare it to the area of the hole you would have if you left out the vent liner screw, you could get some idea of the pressure increase on the bolt.

I do not need a calculator to tell you not to do it.

With a little drilling and tapping you might be able to replace the vent screw with a carbide bushing in the replacement breech plugs from Badger or Arrowhead.

Tungsten Carbide Bushings – Arrowhead Rifles

Below is the Blueprint for an adjustable 209 breech plug for the Remington 700ML rifle. It is a pain for me to make one on my equipment, although it works very well. I wish someone else would mass produce them, and I could buy them rather than making them.

Attachments

• Rem700ML Adjust Breech PLug.jpg
    Rem700ML Adjust Breech PLug.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back