209 Primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine a worse plug. Is it throw away after 20 shots? What are guys doing in the northwest who have to use It?
The cap nipple comes out of the breech plugs I have for my CVA Optima V2 NW edition. So not sure what the one piece breech plug is that the OP has. I have two replacement breech plugs and they all have removable cap nipples.

The cap nipple comes out of the breech plugs I have for my CVA Optima V2 NW edition. So not sure what the one piece breech plug is that the OP has. I have two replacement breech plugs and they all have removable cap nipples.

I can't find a picture but I was going by this video. Look at this video and stop it at 35 seconds for a shot at the breech plug. My Northwest BP was lost in my order that came with the gun. ML has sent me another BP to replace the lost one.

Anyway, look at this video and tell me if the BP is different from what you have?

EAB7CB21-19AC-48D0-A19B-8BB01619038F.jpeg8CD44A75-34F4-4216-A6CD-B3C1ECF6EA4E.jpeg
I can't find a picture but I was going by this video. Look at this video and stop it at 35 seconds for a shot at the breech plug. My Northwest BP was lost in my order that came with the gun. ML has sent me another BP to replace the lost one.

Anyway, look at this video and tell me if the BP is different from what you have?

Here’s photos of the original breech plug and one of the replacements I have as you can see the nipple comes out. I even purchased ten replacement nipples (only because I lost one while cleaning at camp once). So what I have the nipples come out. Maybe they changed things?? I bought the nipples in September. I’ve had the replacement breech plug for over a year. I’ve removed the nipple every time I clean and have run close to 500 rounds through this gun. Still using stock breech plug, on second nipple only because I lost the one mentioned above.

Last edited:
Maddog,

I hope you're joking cause if not you're part of the problem. I understand capitalism and am all for people making a buck but taking advantage at that level is criminal in my view. I'm willing to pick stuff up for members for what it costs me. if you look at the it cost me my time and gas but I can sleep at night.

Karma's a ***** as they say and it will come around. And I really enjoy watching that😉

Back