22 ammo price shell shock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
a few weeks ago I realized I was about out of 22. I have 2 - 25rd mags and a 10rd mag for my mossburg 715t. I can eat a lot of ammo in a short time. so I started looking around. walmart, can't keep it in stock, see why looking at there site. no ammo limit at the gun shops. see why there, bricks of fed auto match $80, 50rd packs of blazers the same prices as sk, elly, and wolf match. the real shell shock, winchester 555 bricks $70

have 500rds of armsocs 22 coming in from grafs spent $55 shipped. 

think I am going to start saving for either sks or an ar, that ammo is all over the place and at good prices.

I put myself on the notification alert at Midway USA. My Ruger 10/22 and 22/45 both LOVE the CCI mini-mag 36 grain hollow point.  I swore I would never run low again after the ammo shortage of 2009.

Several months ago I looked up and was down to 25 rounds :shock:

I finally was notified by Midway last month and ran to my computer. Bought my five box limit for $7 a box. A week later I found a 300 round box of my favorite ammo at Sportsmen Warehouse for $23.  Now, hopefully I learned my lesson :no:

Picked up a box of 500 at basspro for $23.

Pick up a mosin nagant, MUCH cheaper to shoot and a lot more fun LOL.

1400 Remington HPs in a bucket for $69.99 at Basspro .. free shipping ... today and tomorrow only.

OOPS! Just checked and they are sold out. I ordered it this morning.  :silent:

Muley said:
I wish muzzy's were that cheap.
20 to 30 for pyro rs depends on where you look, very few if any #11, around here. have not checked to see about real black powder. was running around $25 for a pound. 
what saves me on that is casting. 
would of brought a muzzy if it was not for my hand. 
I think most of the center fire rounds went down when they came back in stock. you can reload most of those and bring the cost down somemore

patocazador said:
1400 Remington HPs in a bucket for $69.99 at Basspro .. free shipping ... today and tomorrow only.

no basspro around my parts, best I can do is dick's would keep up my buying boycott of them if they don't have 22 rounds at a good price

corey012778 said:
patocazador said:

no basspro around my parts, best I can do is dick's would keep up my buying boycott of them if they don't have 22 rounds at a good price
I just noticed where you're from  :D  I go through there a lot for my part time job.  

If you haven't heard, Cabeleas is opening a store in Short Pump in 2016. A rode trip but..... :D

Latest posts

Back