second out with my mossberg tactical 22

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
this time out I was running thru ammo to see way would feed reliable in the 25rd mag. 4 different ammo from 3 manufactures.I had an learn curve on top of it. i have never shoot off an bipod before.

ammo reliability test results

10rd mag 25rd mag
win 333 bulk hp reliable 3 stove pipes (1mag)
federal auto match reliable 2 jams, one dud, shot the whole box of 325rds
rem thunderbolts reliable no jams or stove pipes only had 100rds
rem gold bullets reliable 2 stove pipes, one bullet out of package already bent (1 mag)

the federal automatch is made for semiauto 22's. Both the federals and rem thunderbolts are round nose bullets. I am going to pick up more of the tunderbolts and run more thru to see if i come up with any problems with them.

the gun is accurate with all the ammo listed above.

some pics from the range session.
25yrds 10rds rem thunderbolts

5f47196e.jpg

25yrds10rds federal automatch

074b8fb0.jpg

25yds 25rds federal automatch

39695864.jpg

50rds 25rds federal automatch (I think some of the flyers was all me. getting use to the bipod)

f122c92f.jpg

about 500rds of total ammo shot. i like shooting off the bipod. found myself changing how I address the gun. I was not holding the fore arm to the fore grip. I was putting my left forearm under the pistol grip to give it an rest. and my hand under my elbow for more protection.

it was, just blasting off the last 40 rounds of ammo I had. two punks (used that term truely pants down to there knees) down range went "damn".

i found an place online that i can buy whole cases of ammo for 150 to 200 with free shippping

Latest posts

Back