.22 ammo

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
What works for you? I have been using the Winchester Power Points.They have proven to be very accurate out of a no. of .22s.My second choice would be the Win. LR Match,followed,by the remmington subs.

I have tried 3 or 4 differend brands of match ammo, and nearly every bulk ammo available in my area. My 10-22T likes the bulk Remington golden bulet HP's, so they are what I shoot in everything now.

rem 6100 target got a case back in my ihmsa days still shooting them clint

HighTechRedneck said:
I have tried 3 or 4 differend brands of match ammo, and nearly every bulk ammo available in my area. My 10-22T likes the bulk Remington golden bulet HP's, so they are what I shoot in everything now.
Are the 10-22Ts still available?

I shoot a LOT of .22LR rounds and have over the years. Right now I have a good supply or Remington 22 Thunderbolt, Remington Target, CCI Green Tag, Eley Club Extra, Eley Tenex, Federal Gold Medal Match, and Winchester T-22. Of those I've had best luck with the CCI Green Tag, Eley Tenex, and Winchester T-22s.

And yes Winchester T-22s ARE still available. I order most of my 22 ammo from http://www.championshooters.com. REALLY great people to deal with!

They have some good prices on the Win.T-22s.Now am I to understand that Winchester is done completely?Or only portions of this great Company?

I don't think the ammo plant is included, if I am correct it is a separate entity

Rifleman said:
I don't think the ammo plant is included, if I am correct it is a separate entity

Correct..that's REALLY Olin, not Winchester.

big6x6 said:
Rifleman said:

Correct..that's REALLY Olin, not Winchester.
Thats what I thought,my buddy was trying to argue that point.I did not catch all of the details about Winchester.Is it really,really,really,true?If it is ,it is very sad to say the least.They have been around for such a long time.It makes you wonder about the BIG gun companies.

It is true about Winchester, however there is a real good chance they are gonna reopen after they are sold.

I've tried a variety of different brands with mixed results. My best results are with Federal.

RAF said:
I've tried a variety of different brands with mixed results. My best results are with Federal.
The bulk pack Federal hollow points surprised me.They were very accurate.I used them in my ole bolt action Sav.22 to roll Raccoons out with.

Rifleman said:
It is true about Winchester, however there is a real good chance they are gonna reopen after they are sold.
That is good news, I hope it happens.I hate to see such a old co. with such rich heritage close up.

Tar-12 said:
HighTechRedneck said:
Are the 10-22Ts still available?

Yes they are still available.

For the longest time I would buy the Remington coffee mugs with the hunting dogs on the front and each would have 500 rounds... Just plain jane Remington rounds shoot good in my Henry...

CCI 32gr Stingers in my Ruger 10/22 fingergrooved sporter. It also likes Remington Yellow Jackets and Super X Winchester Hollowpoints.

My Canadian Centennial 10/22 sporter likes the Super X best, funny they are basically the same gun.

I shoot only Wolf Match Targets in my 10/22

They are excellent for the price... never had the nerve to buy Eley stuff.. seemed way too expensive.

Wolf MT's give me 10 shot groups of 1/2" or so at 50 yds from my green mtn barrel .. plus they are loaded with VV powder.. :roll: 8)

If I hunt, I use the wally world federal ammo.. shoots pretty good

I thought the CCI Velocitors wouldnt group but despite their HV found them to compete with some match ammo.

Back