.25 20 Winchester

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meaux Thompson

Reaction score
I’m trying to find some .25 20 smokeless. Can anyone give me a lead on such? Thanks in advance
Mike

Hen's teeth may be easier to find. Best bet in the current market if you already have the components is to roll your own. If that's not a choice check out gunbroker. Wherever you find them they will be pricey. Last I bought was $70 for Core Lock ammo

I may go to OK gun show. I’ve tried every distributor known to man, no luck. Thanks

I’m trying to find some .25 20 smokeless. Can anyone give me a lead on such? Thanks in advance
Mike
You may try calling Starline Brass. A friend of mine has called them in the past about brass and even though it was listed as “out of stock”, he was able to order some from them. If enough people want to buy that certain brass, they apparently will set up for and produce the brass.

You can make the .25-20 from .32-20 by simply running it thru .25-20 sizing dies. I know that this may cause thick necks which means that you may have to turn down the necks. However, I have formed lots of brass from .357 mag for my .256 Winchester and not once did I ever have to thin out any thick necks. Same applied to making 6.5 X 06 from .30-06. Of course, some may say this is not true because of something they’ve read but I have actually done this myself many many times. Like they say, your mileage may vary (YMMV). So, these are some work-arounds you can try. Depends on how badly you want to shoot your .25-20. If you already have the reloading dies for .25-20, it’s a slam dunk. Good luck in your quest. The folks over on cast boolits forum might come up with something.

You may try calling Starline Brass. A friend of mine has called them in the past about brass and even though it was listed as “out of stock”, he was able to order some from them. If enough people want to buy that certain brass, they apparently will set up for and produce the brass.

You can make the .25-20 from .32-20 by simply running it thru .25-20 sizing dies. I know that this may cause thick necks which means that you may have to turn down the necks. However, I have formed lots of brass from .357 mag for my .256 Winchester and not once did I ever have to thin out any thick necks. Same applied to making 6.5 X 06 from .30-06. Of course, some may say this is not true because of something they’ve read but I have actually done this myself many many times. Like they say, your mileage may vary (YMMV). So, these are some work-arounds you can try. Depends on how badly you want to shoot your .25-20. If you already have the reloading dies for .25-20, it’s a slam dunk. Good luck in your quest. The folks over on cast boolits forum might come up with something.
Thanks

sorry, I meant AMMO BRASS TRADER, a great site. toot.

Latest posts

Back