T/C Omega .45 1:20 Rifling serial range?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there a serial range for the T/C Omega .45 cal rifles that have the 1:20 twist? Or is this something that I need to measure?

I have a new to me omega rifle that has a 2500ish serial number and the twist rate isn’t on the barrel. Just curious if anyone has any information on this. Thanks!

Update- I cleaned (3) of my ML’s tonight and I was able to confirm, my Omega is indeed a 1:20 fast barrel. Cool surprise considering I bought it without even thinking it might be a 1:20.

I dont think this gun had been deep cleaned once in its entire life. In good shape and looks good after a complete cleaning.

Now time to try some loads…

Update- I cleaned (3) of my ML’s tonight and I was able to confirm, my Omega is indeed a 1:20 fast barrel. Cool surprise considering I bought it without even thinking it might be a 1:20.

I dont think this gun had been deep cleaned once in its entire life. In good shape and looks good after a complete cleaning.

Now time to try some loads…
Get rid of the QLA and go bullet to bore. That is when those 1-20's really shine.

Get rid of the QLA and go bullet to bore. That is when those 1-20's really shine.
Would this look like: loose powder, pad, bullet? I know it obviously depends but how much force is needed to seat a bullet to bore? What size should I start with?

I love BP, but am a Hunter first and foremost. Reloading needs to be reliable and convenient when I’m hanging(freezing) in a tree!

Would this look like: loose powder, pad, bullet? I know it obviously depends but how much force is needed to seat a bullet to bore? What size should I start with?
Yep. Powder, wad, bullet. And you’d want/need an adjustable sizing die to size .45 bullets for your specific bore unless you go with a lead conical.

Last edited:
Agreed. Ive got both .45 Omegas, 1:20” & 1:28”. Havent shot this specific 1:28” yet, but in my experience the 1:28” guns shoot sabot/bullets as well as the 1:20” does. Especially when they're lighter than 250gr. Shoot the full size bullets, bullet to bore, lead conicals, 300+ grain. When hunting you are going to knock the snot out deer, once you get a good load figured out.
An adjustable sizer is great. Im still using Lee fixed sizers, polished out to a specific size for a specific gun, and im pretty happy with them.

Latest posts

Back