2nd Bird WV Spring TK2000

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gle3105

If ur gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!
Supporting member
Reaction score
Saturday May 18 rained all morning starting very early am. Up at 4am. Said “nah” . Back to bed. About 8:00 ish my hunting buddy heard a gobbler. BR window open. We’re up and out. Rain mostly subsided by now. Went the trail direction to the gobble which was near a power line.
Gave some soft clucks and he lit up the woods. Buddy hunting we set up. I was the shooter and friend called. Power Line Paul was hot to trot and made quick to find this available hen. ( decoy a Ms Purrfect Montana Decoy) Came right up the road,,,,,,closer ,,,,, closer,,,Strutting & BAMM!
24.5 lbs.
11” thick beard.
1 1/4” spur. The other evidence of fighting and about 5/8”.
He did see some hens ( mate) before he met the tungsten rain.
Notice on pic two the red circle showing the bare breast bone.

Attachments

• IMG_3337.jpeg
    IMG_3337.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3339.jpeg
    IMG_3339.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Saturday May 18 rained all morning starting very early am. Up at 4am. Said “nah” . Back to bed. About 8:00 ish my hunting buddy heard a gobbler. BR window open. We’re up and out. Rain mostly subsided by now. Went the trail direction to the gobble which was near a power line.
Gave some soft clucks and he lit up the woods. Buddy hunting we set up. I was the shooter and friend called. Power Line Paul was hot to trot and made quick to find this available hen. ( decoy a Ms Purrfect Montana Decoy) Came right up the road,,,,,,closer ,,,,, closer,,,Strutting & BAMM!
24.5 lbs.
11” thick beard.
1 1/4” spur. The other evidence of fighting and about 5/8”.
He did see some hens ( mate) before he met the tungsten rain.
Notice on pic two the red circle showing the bare breast bone.
Fantastic! Well done & congrats on a fine second bird.

I’m a hard sell on most thing but easily influenced on gun related stuff, and these TK2000 turkey killing posts have got me wanting one. :rolleyes:
I keep telling myself I have more than enough feasible weaponry for a guy that only turkey hunts once a year, but “myself” keeps telling “I” to shut up and search the internet for a TK2000.🤣

R’man, It really adds that extra thrill , fun, and to me satisfaction using a ML shotgun( “MLS” ) for turkey hunting. My hunting buddy who was calling had never been on a hunt with anyone using a MLS.
Being behind me about 25~30 feet he got to see the strut then the ( fun part ) smoke cloud. He couldn’t tell if I nailed Power Line Paul.
Upon walking down to the dead bird he said “Now that is frick’n awesome! I gotta do this”! High fives were shared .
BTW. 1.5oz #9 TSS.

I encourage you as a hunter to give a MLS a go.

R’man, It really adds that extra thrill , fun, and to me satisfaction using a ML shotgun( “MLS” ) for turkey hunting. My hunting buddy who was calling had never been on a hunt with anyone using a MLS.
Being behind me about 25~30 feet he got to see the strut then the ( fun part ) smoke cloud. He couldn’t tell if I nailed Power Line Paul.
Upon walking down to the dead bird he said “Now that is frick’n awesome! I gotta do this”! High fives were shared .
BTW. 1.5oz #9 TSS.

I encourage you as a hunter to give a MLS a go.
Have you tried Blackhorn in the TK?

I have tried over 40 different combinations of powder, OP’s, wads, shot, shot weight, OSC’s.
I did try BH209 using a duplex load as a starter. I ventured cautiously with BH209 due to the TK being a plunger gun.
( I’m sure by stating that there are those that will say we use it all the time in a plunger type ml. Perhaps Murphy’s Law will have something to say about it? )
What I found for the load/velocity & pattern I wanted , incredibly Alliant Black MZ worked great.

I’m a hard sell on most thing but easily influenced on gun related stuff, and these TK2000 turkey killing posts have got me wanting one. :rolleyes:
I keep telling myself I have more than enough feasible weaponry for a guy that only turkey hunts once a year, but “myself” keeps telling “I” to shut up and search the internet for a TK2000.🤣

This is how I ended up with a TK2000 as well hahaha

Latest posts

Back