30 minutes to go ....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great gun but too heavy to carry all day.
I did something similar. Bought a MLII converted with a Pacnor 45 barrel. Weighed a ton and other than the bench i hated the weight. Bought a NULA model 20 50cal. Ready to hunt its 7.6lbs and can hit 2400fps+ with a 275gr Parker. Not a fun load but it will do it accurately. The Parker at that speed is a grenade too. You cant hit a shoulder if you want the meat. It makes a huge mess of too much meat.

10 ACRES, like GM54 said, only SOME muzzleloaders are built for smokeless. Never use smokeless in a non- smokeless gun!!! Their is so much good reading on here for all to absorb, smokeless and non smokeless. Enjoy reading, and always ask questions if you do not understand. Good shooting no matter what flavor floats your boat ....shorty..

10 ACRES, like GM54 said, only SOME muzzleloaders are built for smokeless. Never use smokeless in a non- smokeless gun!!! Their is so much good reading on here for all to absorb, smokeless and non smokeless. Enjoy reading, and always ask questions if you do not understand. Good shooting no matter what flavor floats your boat ....shorty..

Thanks for the replies. I’ve been shooting Muzzleloaders very infrequently for the past 10 years or so. I’ve had blinders on though I found a good load for my Traditions and haven’t changed. Got into buying some traditional percussion rifles, but I prefer to hunt with inlines. Got to have a scope these days. I’ll leave the smokeless for my lever actions I load for.

Lots of good info on here so far, glad I joined.

Back