375 RUM Africa scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock

Reaction score
I hope to go to Africa within the next couple of years and purchased a 375 Reminton Ultra Mag for the really dangerous game. What do you guys know of the new leupold Illuminated 30 mm tube 1.5x5 Varix lll scope? and would you have another recomendation in this power range and price range, thanks, Ray

clock said:
I hope to go to Africa within the next couple of years and purchased a 375 Reminton Ultra Mag for the really dangerous game. What do you guys know of the new leupold Illuminated 30 mm tube 1.5x5 Varix lll scope? and would you have another recomendation in this power range and price range, thanks, Ray

VenisonEatr has a very similar 1" non-Illuminted Leupold he is selling. You might want to check with him on price if that would work. I am pretty sure it is a var-x III in the 1-5 range but not sure about the exact specs...

JC

Ray,

My wife and I have used plain and illuminated versions of this scope, and they work great for the normal range of shooting in Africa.

If you plan to hunt cats (lion or leopard) where you will contend with low-light conditions (AKA dark) I recommend using a scope with an objective lens with a spec starting with "3" or "4". 32 mm to 36 mm is about the smallest I would use.

jim

Thanks Jim, this scope has a 20mm objective with 30mm tube, I guess they step down from the tube to the objective, Ray

Ray,

Yeah, tube size and objective lens size are not necessarily the same.

I have used 3-9X40 scopes on .375s, as well as 1.5-6X42 and various 1" tube 20 mm objective scopes (Leupold and Swarovski).

There is usually more light in Africa then you need until the sun is low in the sky (going up or down).

Anyway, good hunting...jim

Latest posts

Back