.40 RemPac at the Range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCHUNTER1

Reaction score
I picked this gun up from Carlos a few weeks ago and finally got a range session in between turkey hunting. It has a Rem 700 ML action and a 26" Pacnor 1:16 twist barrel with Hogue rubberized stock. Plug is a Savage bushing plug.

DSC04439_zpsyiq6i0vo.jpg

All targets shot a 100 yards except for the first 2 shots at 25 to make sure the scope was close.  The wind was 10-15 mph and swirling.  Temp in the 60's.

Shot two different duplexes and bullets that are shown on the targets.
Fed209A primer and wools wads for all shots. The primers were spotless.

DSC04447_zpsi92sgjkk.jpg

DSC04443_zpsh0onpjfs.jpg

DSC04444_zpspatjrwhr.jpg

Things were going very well until a guy started talking to me and I got mixed up on which duplex I was shooting.
It didn't like the changing back and forth of powders.

I also shot the first group I have ever shot with a bipod and no rear support.

DSC04450_zpssiqebp5y.jpg

All in all a great day and I am very happy with the .40! :D

Thats a nice rig..and it shoots very good....one thing you get from Carlos..is a accurate rifle...a little more load testing and u will be shooting bug eyes...your target now are real nice...

Al

Great shooting Scott. I told you that the gun was a tack diver, and from the looks of the targets you are getting  the hang of it. Now all you have to do is fine tune it, and it will be shooting bug holes.
Carlos

Great shooting Scott! As Carlos said, just a bit of tuning & you'll have it right where you want.

Greg

Thanks guys.  I really enjoyed shooting the .40.  Cant wait to get back to the range and fine tune it.

Took the RemPac .40 back to the range on Friday and changed the booster to N110.  The winds were 10-15 mph and swirling but didn't seem to have much effect at 100 yds. All groups were shot at 100 yds. with a wool wad and Fed209A primers.

This seems to be the best load with 4759 or N110 as the booster since both groups have been under a 1/2".

DSC04472_zpsz4opul9d.jpg

This group is about the same with 4759 and N110.
DSC04473_zpspwdsiilo.jpg

The one out of the group was probably me!
DSC04475_zpstkfr5pxo.jpg

I knew the one to the left was pulled as soon as the gun went off and of course it was shot <a href='/tags/3' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #3'>#3</a>!
This is the only straight load I have shot out of it.  I will shoot this one again as I believe it will shoot a one hole group if I do my part.
DSC04478_zpsum7ewdtf.jpg

Scott

Real nice shooting Scott, 
Have you lost the smile yet? :thumbs up:

Dave

dlethcoe said:
Real nice shooting Scott, 
Have you lost the smile yet? :thumbs up:

Dave

Nope still smiling Dave!  Ready to take it out to 200 and 300.

Latest posts

Back