40cal CVA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive heard they got some issues with quite a few 45s. The lug is not welded on properly.
PTSN8nE.jpg

Exactly. I wanted a new MR-X .45 but wont risk getting a bad one. Hoping they get it figured out and maybe they are struggling with something they can get past. Seems like most large gun mfrs go thru some ups and downs. I just keep giving cva feedback on their sight and hope they listen.

I saw the OP on the other forum with the problems he found with his rifle. Mine MR-X has the non-centered handguard but none of the other issues he found. Other than showing lack of care and quality control from CVA, what issue does this represent in the function of the rifle. The other issue is the large bore which was talked about on a different thread.

These issues don’t fit their motto.
Many people are influenced by what people say, not do.

Out of curiosity, what bullet/load are you shooting? I’ve been shooting a 10ML2/40 PN (16 twist) since 2001. Thru 200 yards, it’s 1/3 MOA and 1/2 MOA @300 yards. That’s with sized 402 225/228g AccuMax bullets. Still sub MOA with knurled up 200SSTs and Barnes 195s to 200 yards.
I’ve never liked nor had success with Powerbelts except for light loadings.

Back