.410 White

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
Any issues with this caliber? Can I get scope bases? What's a fair price?

Bullets are available at No-Excuses bullets and the Bullshop. If it is a Whitetail model you can use Weaver #11 and #35 bases. Never owned a .410 but I have never heard a White Rifle owner complain about the .410 caliber.

Only problem I could see would be the minimum caliber size for hunting in your state. Some states require either a .44-.45" minimum for deer hunting.

matthew_h said:
minimum legal for deer here in Michigan is .44 .

Matt, we have a caliber limit for ML's during deer season?

heck if I can find it in the guide, at least the online version.

i cant find it in the on-line guide either , i could be wrong . i thought for sure it was in the hunting guide last time i hunted deer (08/09 season) . maybe it is just for black powder pistols ? that would make more sense .

matthew_h said:
minimum legal for deer here in Michigan is .44 .

WRONG! We USED to have a minimum of .44 cal in Michigan for muzzleloaders, now there is no minimum caliber restriction. That changed somewhere around 5 to 10 years ago. Not sure what year, but somewhere in that window is my best guess.

The only real restriction we have left in MI is, no smokeless during the Statewide Muzzleloader Deer Season, and no smokeless during the All Firearms Deer Season in the Shotgun Zone.

See page 28.
http://www.statehuntandfishregs.com/MI/

8) Swampman, I have a Whitetail in .410 caliber. I paid $400 for it, but it came from a former White dealer and was in like new condition. I have shot it only at 25 yds with the White powerpunch bullets and 60 gr. T73Fg. VA. requires minimum of .45 caliber for big game so I plan on using it on varmits, just don't seem to have the time right now.

toytruck said:
8) Swampman, I have a Whitetail in .410 caliber. I paid $400 for it, but it came from a former White dealer and was in like new condition. I have shot it only at 25 yds with the White powerpunch bullets and 60 gr. T73Fg. VA. requires minimum of .45 caliber for big game so I plan on using it on varmits, just don't seem to have the time right now.

Steve, you can use it during regular rifle season here, go figure..... :roll:

Super 91 said:
toytruck said:

Hey, I never even thought of that...but then the 30-06 might get jealous. :lol: thanks though 8)

Toytruck is the ,451 you have for sale a super 91 if so I may be interested. Thanks

weed said:
Toytruck is the ,451 you have for sale a super 91 if so I may be interested. Thanks

It was a Super 91, but has been sold. I was tryin to help a friend out, not my rifle, but thanks for asking.

Couldn't he fire a sabotless 410 pistol/rifle bullet? So long as you can actually get it in the barrel I imagine you could knurl it to make it stay should it be a little loose.

Swampman, I too hunt in FL and had considered the idea of using one of the 410 Whites. It would've been with the idea of using sabotless pistol bullets. My only concern would be burning enough powder efficiently to make it worth it.

toytruck said:
Super 91 said:
toytruck said:

Hey, I never even thought of that...but then the 30-06 might get jealous. :lol: thanks though 8)

Yeah, it makes no sense. The gun is legal one minute, and not the next. But you had better not upset the good ole OUght-six anyway.... :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back