4200 Elite Failure

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

typical10

Reaction score
This spring I changed over to a 4200 Elite from my Grand Slam, and was having good sessions with it until this am. Third shot out and the zero let go. After confirming it with other loads and bullets, I went back to a Grand Slam. Approx. 35 sessions since June, 6-10 shots each session.What a downer! :(
J/H

typical10 said:
This spring I changed over to a 4200 Elite from my Grand Slam, and was having good sessions with it until this am. Third shot out and the zero let go. After confirming it with other loads and bullets, I went back to a Grand Slam. Approx. 35 sessions since June, 6-10 shots each session.What a downer! :(
J/H

Sheesh, My 3200 Elite just did that. :?

Don't feel too bad my Leupold Vari X III let go of the elevation last week too. This scope has thousands of shots under it though, mostly 30-06 but the Savage did it in. I think the constant turning of the elevation adjustment just wore it out, not the recoil though.

This spring I changed over to a 4200 Elite from my Grand Slam

Why? I've always thought the Weaver Grandslams were just as good as 4200s. My 6-20X40 Grandslam is just as good as the 6-24X40 4200 I have.

Sorry about your 4200.

Why? I've always thought the Weaver Grandslams were just as good as 4200s.

Just because I could I guess, no particular reason! They are, I shot two 1 1/4" groups this afternoon with the temp at 85 not waiting much between shots using 45gr 5744 and 300 gr XTP's.
J/H

typical10 said:
This spring I changed over to a 4200 Elite from my Grand Slam, and was having good sessions with it until this am.

More correctly, it is highly unlikely that the scope let go at all-- . :wink:

Latest posts

Back