.430 XTP / Which sabot????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
Which Harvester sabot would you guys recommend to shoot in my Omega? I want to shoot the .430 300gr XTP from Hornady. The regular Harvester 50/44 Green sabot or the 50/44 Green Crushed rib. I will be shooting BH209. How much powder would you recommend. Is 110 gr to much?

I shoot the .430 300gr XTPs with the Crush Rib Sabot and 100gr of 777
With this combo I am getting 1" groups Center to center @ 100yds

My rifles are Knights, so your mileage with a TC may vary, but I get the very best accuracy with the TC Black Mag sabot and the 300 gr. .430" XTP (I use 100 gr. BH209). 3-shot groups, when the stars and planets are aligned properly, run just over an inch at 100 yds. However, they load kinda hard, so the sabot I use most is the green Crush Rib. It loads easier and is good for 1 1/2" groups if I do my part.

In my #1 Omega the .430/300grn XTP will shoot into an inch or better with Harvester's "regular" smooth green sabot. The Crush Rib shoots well too, but the smooth one is most accurate for me. That has been my favorite hunting bullet/sabot combo for the last four seasons.

I have not fooled with BH209 in that rifle--I am shooting up my 777 first-- but have been shooting BH209 in my #2 Omega. With 300 grn bullets it shoots best with 90 to 110 grains depending on the specific bullet and sabot.

Back