44 Caliber 240 Grain XTP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This afternoon, the XTP bullet was shot through the test. Range was 25 yard. Powder charge was 80g Blackhorn.

44240xtp2.jpg

Photo shows how the front jug is flattened. The second jug had the bottom blown out, and flipped through the air. The third jug has a hole in and out. The fourth jug held the bullet, and a small piece of lead. The fifth jug was undamaged. The bullet weighs 205 grain.

IMG_0972.JPG

The 240 grain HP XTP is a really effective bullet on game. When I was using my old Black Diamond, I used this bullet in over two 50 grn pyrodex pellets and got 1.5" groups at 100 yards. I probably harvested 5 or 6 deer with it, in ranges from 10 out to 50 yards and ever deer dropped in it's tracks without ever running, or even trying to get up. It's certainly not a flashy bullet by today's standards, but it dispenses energy on game perfectly, and despite it's gaping hollow point and shorter body...it's capable of some really nice accuracy. This is one of the bullets I'll be trying in my new Ultra light. Thanks for all your videos, they're always interesting!

This is the bullet I load in my 44 Mag handgun deer do not walk away when hit with it

TC take the Hornady bullet and puts it their sabot. Buy the bullets in bulk and put them in a MMP sabot it is cheaper then buying the TC package

Is the MMP the same sabot that Hornady sells as the MPH/12 for the 240 grain 430 diameter XTP?

Back