45 cal Disc Extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something isnt quite right in the description. I dont think that is just an Extreme.

Thanks for the lead, i may check into it further. My Extreme 50 has no fluting and neither does my Elite.

Could is be another variant like a MH or MHC?

EDIT: after a quick bit of research Knight did sell some with MH fluted 26" barrels but the guns were labeled as Extremes. Im going to try and contact them about a "buy it now" offer.

Thank you

GM54-120

I believe it is what it says... It is an older model with a 'c' clip bolt in it - Tom has one just like it but in a regular stock. It will be a 1/30 twist. These came out right at the end of the Original Disk

That is one heck of a buy at this point...

sabotloader

Does the 28" barrel sound correct and would you consider them more collectable?

I know Busta got a Extreme that did have a MH barrel on it NIB.

BTW Green Mountain has some fluted Knight DISC barrel pulls in 45 and 50 cal but im not sure if its the entire barrel or cut.

GM54-120

Collectible - heck no - get a new extreme bolt and you have a new extreme.

I have know idea how you can call it a 28" barrel...

The LRH cames with the longer barrel but the fluting is spriral.

I do not think it could be a MH or MHC because they came with a regular extreme bolt...

BUT, what it could be???? - When Knight knew the bottom was falling out they did assemble everything they could to get it out the door... It really might be a MH or MHC dropped in a thumbhole and they put an older style bolt in it.

I am still thinking it is a very late production Original DISC, actually a late production Super DISC. It has a 'c' bolt and it may even and probably is Orange DISC's

But for a $175 who cares?

CLUE - if it has a quick release - it is a late made up gun...

I called him and it is a 26" barrel but he didnt know anything else about it and he wouldnt even consider a "buy it now" offer.

Oh well, i will wait till the auction is over and if it doesnt sell then i will try again.

I saw that and considered bidding on it. Instead I walked into our local gunshop and found a nice White and LK-93 that are going to be coming home with me soon!

Yeah i just checked BPs clearance rack and the best is a Vision for $279 and they were $50 less last time i was there. Even the Rolling Blocks were higher. Ive seen lots of good deals on LK/Wolverines on line for $150. Awesome gun for the money.

A guy at the local gun shows has 3 old MK85 54cals SS NIB i might make an offer on all three and sell at least 2 here if he will make a little better package deal.

I got 2 Elites and an Extreme off that rack for a fraction of msrp a while back so i check it each month.

I kinda want it and maybe turn my unfluted Elite into a carbine but im leaning towards a older 1-20 and leave mine alone. :D

GM54-120

Tom is here and he looked at the Extreme and thinks it might be a 1/20 with the 'c' Tool bolt...

Here is the serial number break...

Tom,

Serial number change for the .45 twist rate was anything prior to #2291 on mild steel and #5043 on stainless were 1:20 twist. Hope this helps

Thank You

I will see what happens. It does look like an older style and not a newer one that was "made up". The C tool is right there in the pic so i guess i will call him again and try to get the serial number or rate of twist.

I want a 1-20 if i can get a good deal like that one. Its a beautiful gun but im not 100% sure i will like a 1-20 unless im just shooting 200gr Lehighs. :D I do prefer the longer/heavier 40s so it might just be the ticket and i can sell my Accura.

GM54-120 said:
sabotloader

I know Busta got a Extreme that did have a MH barrel on it NIB.

BTW Green Mountain has some fluted Knight DISC barrel pulls in 45 and 50 cal but im not sure if its the entire barrel or cut.

I have a .50 cal Disc Extreme (DE706CF)that has a MHC serial # prefix barrel on it.

I called a couple years back on the 1:20 D.I.S.C. barrels at Green Mountain, unfortunately they cut the receiver part off, and they are just project barrels now.

I talked to a guy at Spillway on the rifle in question, it has a "DE" (Disc Extreme) prefix on the serial #. Which would indicate that it is a 1:30 twist, and the sights (Knight branded, instead of Williams), C-Tool, and VHS (not DVD) are other clues to it's vintage. It also would not have the quick release bolt. I would say it is one of the first Disc Extremes that were made in the pre-2002 time frame.

My 1:20 twist .45 caliber D.I.S.C. barrel has a "S" (Super ?) prefix on the serial #, S0038XX, and was not a Disc Extreme.

Knight offered the 45 caliber Disc Extreme with the fluted barrel, the .50 caliber Disc Extreme (DE706C) never was offered with the fluted barrel, WITH THE EXCEPTION of the Master Hunter, and the DE706CF which were a special run, probably to use culled/leftover parts from the discontinuation of the Master Hunter. Of course, this is just my opinion from my observation of Knight operations over the years, and I am no historian, so I could be wrong.

I think you are looking at a DE756TC (T for Thumbhole) model rifle. This model # has no designation for the fluted barrel, but the .45's came fluted.

Some designators for the Disc Extreme and Disc Elite model #'s.

DE = Disc Extreme
DL = Disc Elite

706 = .50 cal stainless
606 = .50 cal blued
756 = .45 cal stainless
656 = .45 cal blued

T = Thumbhole
C = Composite
F = Fluted

Examples:

DL756C = Disc Elite, .45 cal stainless, composite stock.

DE706CF = Disc Extreme, .50 cal stainless, composite stock, fluted.

DE756TC = Disc Extreme, .45 cal stainless, thumbhole composite stock. (which happens to be fluted since it is a .45 caliber)

Thank You Busta

I copied all that and im sure i will find it very useful in my quest for my next Knight. Im still considering a custom 45 on a Remington short action but who knows.

I would still like to find a very good deal on a SS 1-20 Knight 45 or if i can find a MDM 45cal QuickShooter thumbhole. They were 1-20 or 1-24 if i remember correctly but pretty rare.

Knight

For what its worth I guess mine is a super Disc? Its Camo, .45 , fluted , ss, serial # S007837. Has .45 D.I.S.C. on it . Quick release bolt button. Shoots great. 26 in. barrel, If someone knows for sure it would be good to know. I got it off of a fellow that used to be on the board here till he went away due to an ethics problem. He was a square shooter with me on that deal.
Wayles

wayles

Using Gordy's serial number break - yours would be a 1/30 twist as it is after the 5043 number - that would be my guess - Busta might be able to shed more light.

All of my Elites both 50's and 45 start with a S in the serial number, Even my 52 cal DISC extreme starts with an S in the serial number... So I am not sure the S is an absolute identifier...

the box my super-disc has
DISC/45/26/BLUED/BLK COMPOSITE

DISC 656C

serial# 0020XX

knight

Thanks SL maybe some one will chime in. The fellow that sold it said it was a disc extream. As long as it shoots like it does I will be hanging on to it anyway
Wayles

sabotloader said:
wayles

Using Gordy's serial number break - yours would be a 1/30 twist as it is after the 5043 number - that would be my guess - Busta might be able to shed more light.

All of my Elites both 50's and 45 start with a S in the serial number, Even my 52 cal DISC extreme starts with an S in the serial number... So I am not sure the S is an absolute identifier...

After closer review, the "S" might be a Stainless Steel designator, that is why I used a question mark in my previous post. K's blued super .45 does not have the "S" prefix, so that would be the most likely guess.

My .45 caliber D.I.S.C. Elite has a S0017XX serial number. My 1:20 is a .45 caliber D.I.S.C. has a S0038XX serial number, and my .50 caliber D.I.S.C. Extreme has a MHC 16XX serial number. All of these rifles are stainless steel.

Wayles,

If yours has the quick release bolt, it would be a Disc Extreme. The early D.I.S.C. and Disc Extremes did not have this feature. I think the quick release came out about 2004, maybe 2003?

Knight

Thanks Busta, Thats good to know. It has the quick release.
Wayles

Latest posts

Back