• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO .45 cal. muzzleloader barrel for T/C Encore frame.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you try Natchez Supply ?

Natchez and T/C Encore barrels are either "out of stock" or "discontinued". . .and they sure want a pretty penny for them. For that price I would order a MGM or Bullberry!!!

Gaack! Those are freakin expensive arent they? Heres a blue one for a contender, will it fit an Encore?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thompson-C...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Contender frames/barrels DO NOT fit/interchange with Encore frames/barrels.

you will probably have to do just that. Encore 45 barrels are scarce. I had to give over 400 for mine without a forend. It is the fast twist.

you will probably have to do just that. Encore 45 barrels are scarce. I had to give over 400 for mine without a forend. It is the fast twist.
The fast twist is what I'm looking for, in stainless. I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop-dime on a custom job. . .just don't like the months of waiting.

Dont forget Bergara made some 45cal 1-28 barrels for Encores too and they are pretty freaking nice with a good plug in them.

I bought an Encore 45-70 smokeless barrel, hoping to get it converted to a front stuffer, and now it seems folks don't offer that as a service anymore.
Is T/C producing anything, at the moment? I thought S&W shut it down, with the hopes of offloading the brand?

T/C is not producing anything. Hopefully they'll actually put it up for sale one of these days and a decent company will take over. I know there's a couple companies that are at least interested.
As for the barrel, I'd recommend trying to find a Bergara if you're looking for a 1-28 twist. Overall quality seems a little better on the one I have though it does have a little bigger bore diameter than my T/C .45 barrel for my Contender. For a faster twist you can't go wrong with an MGM barrel. I know for awhile that was one they were trying to keep in stock. I haven't looked lately but last I did they were not that much more than a T/C barrel and way better quality. The way things are now who knows what the price is. I'm scared to look.

I wish they would also start producing the Hawken an Renegade again.
Now that would be F'n AWESOME!!! I have been working on, buying, trading, barrels for these rifles for a while. . .absolutely love the fit and feel of these sidelocks. I would also like to find a fast twist .45 cal. barrel for my Hawken - IF SOMEONE HAS ONE OF THOSE TO PART WITH AS WELL!!!

There is an encore super 45 on eBay right now for $399 buy it now. If you don't buy it I'm going to.

There is an encore super 45 on eBay right now for $399 buy it now. If you don't buy it I'm going to.
Yes, I saw this one. . .if it was only stainless I too would be all over it. I'm really set on a fast twist stainless barrel. Thanks for reaching out though.

Then you might as well get a MGM smoker barrel when they got more or wait for more to be available at Haus Of Arms. They were around $460 the last time i saw them available. Now they got a 26" with brake and rail for $640.
https://matchgrademachine.com/custom-thompson-center-muzzleloader-barrel/
Yes sir. . .this is the critter I've been eye balling!!! Not interested in anything with a break though. I have watched several YouTube videos of this barrel on the range and it is impressive.

Back