..... 45 cal Remington 1911 R1 ........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy your reminiscences about the shooting sports and people. I get the same twinge living vicariously through your stories as I do when I read about folks who called people like Elmer Keith, Bill Jordan, Skeeter Skelton, Jeff Cooper, Jack O'Connor.
Connor, the builder of this 1911 was Paul Arocha, The Mountain Gunsmith, in Pinecliff, CO. He is up in the mountains, near the Peak to Peak highway. Aside from routine gunsmithing, he builds competition race guns. He has been around here, doing gunsmithing, for more than 30 years.
I may bring a S&W 686 Plus to him for some action work.
Ron

I know of him from many years ago, we may have met from time to time, more freekin' years than I like to remember - hell getting to be an old fart like Muley. :pale:

Kentucky Colonel said:
It is heartening to see several of you with Colt Gold Cups, too. 
Mine is in .45 and I enjoy it.
Is there any .45 a.c.p. besides Colt and Kimber????

That said my R.I.A. runs right but not near as accurate
as the other more expensive ones.

But at 15 feet in a shtf situation it won't much matter.

Not many of us actually hunt varmints with a .45 auto.
Or hunt deer.

I got one once with my .45.
Bang flop.

jeager106 said:
Is there any .45 a.c.p. besides Colt and Kimber????

There are hundreds that build customs, at least a dozen manufacturers, do a web search.

That said my R.I.A. runs right but not near as accurate as the other more expensive ones.

Most good gunsmiths that work on 1911's and semi autos can help your problem.

But at 15 feet in a shtf situation it won't much matter.

Not many of us actually hunt varmints with a .45 auto.
Or hunt deer.

Many of the mid west to western states allow handguns and a few allow semi autos.
I got one once with my .45.

I've shot several deer, many coyotes, red fox and a few badgers with a 1911 type pistol.

Bang flop.

Latest posts

Back