.45 cal SST Hornady sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunisLoaded

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this. I'm fairly new here so maybe the mods can move IDk...

I bought some of these Hornady sabots years back. KIMG0282.JPG
Thinking I could use them with theseKIMG0281.JPG
They're to much of a fight to choke down the barrel. Nothing like the red sabots like I thought when purchased.
KIMG0283.JPG

I shoot a accura v2 would like to know what options in sabots there are. I'm not familiar with much. Only ever shot the sst ml with the red sabots
Hoping maybe some other members could recommend a sabot they use out of the accura.
Thanks

I came across some info searching around and that's most guys like the crush ribbed sabots. They offer a few different ones just not sure which ones are the better.

That’s all I’ve shot also. I think the Harvester is what my reloading store carries, I plan on stopping tomorrow on the way home to see what they have. I have a lot of 44 cal bullets that I reload with.

I would just go with the Harvester Black Crush Rib Sabot in 50 cal for a 45cal bullet. Use them with the SST in a couple of my Optimas with no problems. The red 50cal is made for Smokeless MZ shooting but folks have tried them in regular MZs with success.

I shoot a accura v2 would like to know what options in sabots there are. I'm not familiar with much. Only ever shot the sst ml with the red sabots
Hoping maybe some other members could recommend a sabot they use out of the accura.
Thanks
There has lots of discussion on which sabots for a particular diameter bullet. I suggest you do a search within this site to find the post that good members had charts posted which showed details of bullets and sabots which match up.

I picked up some of the Harvester green crush rib tonight on the way home and they are just a touch bigger than the Hornady SST sabots. Now I just need my Optima to show up.

More 50 cal Loaded Sabot Diameters

More data to share, a joint project of sabotloader and kingofcoins:
Loaded_Sabot_Chart_XLS.png

MMP sabots (mmpsabots.com) are always highly recommended (I use them myself)-their webpage goes into great detail in regard to how to pick the sabot and bullet that is appropriate for your needs. And they are inexpensive enough to try a few varieties and test them.

Latest posts

Back