45 Cal Tennessee Style Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilljack1

Reaction score
This a rifle I built for a friend....38" Colrain Barrel, Late English Flint lock, Grade 4 Curly Maple, 45 Cal....Just after these pictures were taken he went to Michigan and spent 2 weeks in the snow and busted a coyote at about 75 yards....No deer but he left some apples out and the elk got them at night....Poured a pewter nose cap....

Hilljack
rob_ge11.jpg

rob_ge10.jpg

Wow, that's a beauty!  Love the stripes and overall lines, but especially the nose cap looks really well done.  (Wish mine had one like that...)

Old No7

now that is the rifle of my dreams, in the round ball cal of my dreams. can you teach us how to pour a nose cap like that? i would love to learn it. thanks for the post.

Yes I sure can....I have another one to pour in about a week....Since I learned to pour them, putting  nose caps is off my list...When I do  that one I will document it fully...Thanks for the compliments....

Hilljack

absolutely a beautiful rifle, would love to have one exactly like that

You did a beautiful job Hilljack. Love how you finished the stock. I’m just starting my Isaac Haines so I can appreciate how much work went into building that fine rifle. I think you just set the bar out of my reach. 

Looking forward to seeing how you do the nose caps.

Very nicely done! A rifle to be proud of, that's for sure. I love the nice clean lines.

Very nicely done! The stripes are brought out beautifully.
How long is the barrel? It looks like the barrel is long enough to give good velocity and short enough to be easily manageable in a forest.
Ron

That is one gorgeous rifle. Elegant but not over the top ornate. Love a gun who's lines speak for them selves.

DJ

Thanks for the comments...the style of rifles I like to build are just the way your comments, that and I like the rifles the average or common man would have used and also not so fancy with carving and inlays to be distracting....Pewter Nose cap coming soon....

Hilljack

Yes a beautiful flinter! That stock just glows. The nose cap looks amazing as well.

Back