.45 Omega opening day buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shot this buck at 7:40 this morning with a .45 Omega that I bought off Carlos, load was 110 gr. Blackhorn, 200 gr. Shockwave and W209 primer.. shot distance was approx. 50-60 yds buck dropped at the shot included are pics of the entrance and exit wounds. entrance on surface was about silver dollar size underneath the shoulder its big enough to put 4 fingers in but the exit is about 50 cent piece size, bullet exited his neck as he was quartering away a bit..

Attachments

• IMG_0018.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 332
He had a really big neck/body just not a really big rack, but every time I pass a buck like this on opening day I never see anything for the rest of the season..the Shockwave definitely shed the copper jacket as I found pieces of in in the entrance wound..

That neck is about as big as the deer that I get. :lol: Broken G3 it looks like, scrapper too!

OT: how do you like your metal building? Does it sweat without insulation? I'm planning to build one here at some point. My bro in law built one and did insulation over the whole thing. Curious how it does without. thx

Congrats on filling the freezer. No way I would have passed on him either!

Latest posts

Back