• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD .45 Thompson Center Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale is a .45 1-28 twist Thompson Center Omega. This rifle comes with early SS barrel, camo sporter stock, Fiber optic sights, Leupold 1"rings and base. Bore is spotless. I believe rifle to have a low round count due to the condition of action/barrel. Overall the rifle is in very good shape with just the expected handling marks. My usual guarantee applies. If in the first 14 days you don't like it for any reason, you can return it, as long as it is unfired. I'm only posting one pic. If you want to see more pics, be specific, and I will send what you need. 450.00 plus shipping.20210323_130742 (002).jpg

Any Idea what this rifle weighs?

My scale has been sitting out on the floor and I have been tripping over it for three months to lazy to put it away. So what do I do this morning. Of course, I put it away. I guess it'll sit out another three months now. Rifle weighs 7lb 10oz.

Heavier than I expected.
Thanks! Sorry for causing you a Trip hazard. ;)

I have two of these rifles, one for my son and one for me. Can't rave enough about them. I'm shooting Precision Rifle's 45 sabots with their 35 caliber 195 gr lead ballistic tip Dead Center bullets. Also using a .25 ACP converted breach plug for small rifle magnum primers. With 120 grains of BH209, it's a 300 yard deer slayer.

Mine are both 28 inches long but there are shorter models. I believe the X7 was shorter.

Thanks. Kinda what I was thinking. Never saw the longer barrel model in person. I did handle the shorter one once (Lam stock) and passed. I regret ever doing that, but it was a 50 and I did not need another 50. I have also never shot ans Omega. Been thinking of a new 45UL But I keep looking at this one though. :think: Wonder how much the weight would go down if you chopped off 4". :think:

The Omega's are very accurate weapons. Very ridged and strong lockup. No hinge pin that leads to less accuracy. That's why T/C and others sell locking hinge pins for Encore's. For what it's worth, IMHO the Omega is the best inline you can buy at up to double the price. Sure, you can go crazy with bolt action models but that's getting a little away from true muzzleloading and the costs go up accordingly.

Yes it has the QLA. Yes the barrel is 28". The Omega Dream Season weighs about 6.5 lbs and the X7 (laminate stock) weighs a tad more. Neither of those two rifles came in a .45. I don't think cutting 4" off the barrel would get you much.

Thanks. Kinda what I was thinking. Never saw the longer barrel model in person. I did handle the shorter one once (Lam stock) and passed. I regret ever doing that, but it was a 50 and I did not need another 50. I have also never shot ans Omega. Been thinking of a new 45UL But I keep looking at this one though. :think: Wonder how much the weight would go down if you chopped off 4". :think:
probably 8-10ounces..

fishhawk2700

Sending you a Pm with a couple more questions.

This is driving me Nuts. :wall:

Last edited:
Thank you Shawn for buying the rifle, You removed the temptation. :lewis:

Well it was not me. I tried but someone sent a Pm before I got mine in, just my luck. ☹ Guess I debated with myself too long. :wall:

Reactions: HC

Yup, I sometimes think though things too long. Not the first time that happened to me. Oh well was not meant to be. Shame they did not post something in the ad though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back