45 ultra lite, peregrine stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect. I didn't know you could buy just the stock. How much was it?

I bought the whole gun from knight shooter, I traded my uml 700 and some cash. I can’t use the 40 in my state, so I wanted to try the stock on my ul . I hope we can use the 40 some day, or I may sell the barrel and bolt , I’m super happy with that stock, it changes the gun big time, I still love the ul stock, but this one fits and feels better.the great thing with knight is the change ability.he gave me a spare complete bolt also

Thanks for posting this, I bought a U-lite and a an extra Mountaineer barreled action a couple years ago, along with a Peregrine, and that action may find it's way into the Peregrine stock, just for giggles.

Does the Peregrine bolt fit other Knights and is the firing pin smaller OD?
I noticed the bolt won’t go in any of my other guns , it’s angle is different and hits my scopes, a little higher scope mount would cure it.I will look at the pin when I get home and post

The firing pin is way smaller, I think the reason for the bolt hitting my scopes is there is a lot less of a relief cut in it. I put it in a long range hunter I have with no scope and it fits nice

Attachments

• 5969E6ED-AA83-41B9-97EB-055380F3D0ED.jpeg
    5969E6ED-AA83-41B9-97EB-055380F3D0ED.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 6F120263-6222-4731-B3D1-068B0AA266C7.jpeg
    6F120263-6222-4731-B3D1-068B0AA266C7.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 17
  • BB8F2E79-9F49-4C07-B8C8-DE0997FEAA37.jpeg
    BB8F2E79-9F49-4C07-B8C8-DE0997FEAA37.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 16
The smaller firing pin is a huge improvement. Its was the weakest link in the bolt design. They need to swap all 209 bolts to the smaller firing pin.

I found out the bigger firing pin is the reason primers don't come out when fired from a knight bolt rifle.Have to re-cock the bolt and pull the trigger for it to roll out.I had jeff at bestill creations roll mine down in order for it to work properly.

I found out the bigger firing pin is the reason primers don't come out when fired from a knight bolt rifle.Have to re-cock the bolt and pull the trigger for it to roll out.I had jeff at bestill creations roll mine down in order for it to work properly.
BINGO, we have a winner!!!

The larger hole in the bolt housing lets the primer flow into the hole easier.

I have experienced this myself with black horn, but not with 777, I can’t explain that

Im tinkering with the idea of adding the Ulite barrel kit to my GMB 54-120 wood stock. The one thing i dont have that i want is a sub 8lb 45cal fast twist and the 54-120 beats thats no problem.

Not my pic but i think it might be sweet in this stock.
ErVBgXZ.jpg

So I ended up putting a leupold vxr on and the peregrine bolt fits nice now, took a couple of shims to get some primer crush. this is a nice ultra lite set up, knight should offer this configuration, sweet stock and bolt

Latest posts

Back