45cal--50cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought my 10ml-11 in 2003 or2004. I always shot Hornady XTP 45 caliber .452 250 grain HP/XTP bullets. They came as a sample with the gun. I also received some 50 caliber 45-250 GR SST/ML. bullets. Don't know why I choose the 45 caliber. Never tried the 50 caliber. Could never understand why 45 caliber bullets worked in a 50 caliber gun but they worked great. It looks like I will no longer be able to get the 45 caliber bullets. Can I just go to a similar bullet only in 50 caliber. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank You.

Don't know why I choose the 45 caliber. Never tried the 50 caliber.

Well you wont get most 50cal bullets to fit your 50cal MLII. Plus Savage has never recommended anything but sabots with smokeless. Fury custom bullets offers a couple in the 275gr range and up. No one i know of makes a 250gr 50cal bullet in jacketed. That would be VERY light for caliber and have a horrid sectional density.

This topic is far better suited to the smokeless section due to the rules about talking about load data outside of that section.
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forums/smokeless-muzzleloading.14/

Back