.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I first started out with 10 shots with a tight fitting patched round ball and Shoot out patch lube to do a deep cleansing on the bore. With 50gr Black MZ, wow! @ 25 yards, I could easily hunt foxes and yotes with precision accuracy! By the 10th shot, the rifle was loading real nice and smooth. Next time, I will bring lower 30 and 40gr charges and really work the breech area.

Then it hit me! ( Literally after the first shot! ) I have some big ol 460gr no excuse bullets tucked away! 70gr Black MZ at 25 yards, was 2" low but center... Adjusted the scope 16 clicks up X 3 and moved to 50 yards where again, she was dead on! After that shot, I took a break to hold my nose and do some swearing. Im shooting at a steep uphill angle and the scope recoiled back onto the bridge of my nose. My face still feels a little numb :lol: I took a 2x4 and lifted the rear of my shooting bench and that helped a lot.

50 yard accuracy was really good considering I didnt touch the bore once with a swab! 20+ shots today and she still shoots deadly.

Overall, I think I picked up one hell of a rifle! I think I will enjoy the 185-200gr XTP loads a lot more when I get some sabots for them :lol!:

52664410.jpg

53117610.jpg

53285410.jpg

52685510.jpg

52655810.jpg

Latest posts

Back