.50 Cal Maxi Hunter Mold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
I found a nice, like new .50 Cal TC Maxi “Hunter” Bullet Mold. I now have All Calibers of the TC Maxi “Hunter” Molds, .45, .50, and .54 Cal

zEVEEeBl.jpg

Bullet Measures .755 Long, And is 351 Grains Cast of Certified PURE Lead
9bFjrdKl.jpg

Here are 3 of my 4 Maxi “Hunter” Molds on Handles. Genuine TC Handles on the Left (Made by Lyman for TC) TC Mold Handles are Gold Anodized, The Handles in the Middle are Lyman, And RCBS Handles on Far Right
ETmt6Tdl.jpg

TC Had 2 Versions of Their Maxi “Hunters” These are Both 54 Cal, But as you can see they look Quite Different. They did this Exact same thing with their Maxi Ball (They have 2 different Versions of it as Well)
AgJXOSdl.jpg

Here is what i am Talking about with the Maxi Ball, They made this one with the “Rounded” Lube Grooves
rFenpIwl.jpg

And this one with “Square” Cut Lube Grooves
cNGcoNnl.jpg

That’s a decent collection you got going 👍
I lucked out and scored a .54 Maxi ball and .50 Maxi Hunter. The only other conical I cast is the .54 Great Plains Bullet.
The TC molds are definitely hard to come by, I see you’ve done your part quite well to acquire yours :)
I noticed online pics of the maxi ball lube grooves with square (mine) and rounded and wasn’t sure if the rounded were legit TC but they still all look the same when filled with lube ;)
Enjoy your casting!

Latest posts

Back