.50 Cal Paper Patch Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I'm playing around here getting a Few bullets together to Test (2-3 Birds with 1 Stone deal) Hopefully the weather cooperates soon

.50 Cal, 450 Grains, Cupped base, .492 BACO Paper Patch Bullet, Short Patched, Finished Size .499, Ready to Test a Group in my 1:28 Twist GM LRH
DjVcInA.jpg

Lewis
Are you going to use the 54 cal over powder wad and 1/2 a cotton ball underneath the bullet since it is a cup base? Since i am new to MM forum are you and IdahoRon kin or friends? I see he does a lot PP bullets also.
DL

Lewis
Are you going to use the 54 cal over powder wad and 1/2 a cotton ball underneath the bullet since it is a cup base? Since i am new to MM forum are you and IdahoRon kin or friends? I see he does a lot PP bullets also.
DL

Yep! :lewis: With these being a Cupped Base bullet, I will try Both Wool, and a 1/2 Cotton Ball to Fill the Cup. I will also Try a Group with 510 Diameter Circle Fly Nitro Cards (Hard Card, similar to Vege Fibre, But thicker) They Do REALLY well with Paper Patch Bullets.

I used to use 650 baco , over Swiss 1.5 about 100 grains. It was in a 1-24 twist . two thin pressed paper .015 wads over powder. heck of recoil but killed deer

I used to use 650 baco , over Swiss 1.5 about 100 grains. It was in a 1-24 twist . two thin pressed paper .015 wads over powder. heck of recoil but killed deer

These 450s are a Bit short, But they did Shoot quite well to 100 Yards, this was in 1 of my Green Mountain LRH 50s with 1:28 Twist, I will probably end up going with the BACO .492 500s or 550s in the End? I have a Long Range 50 Cal Build in mind.

Back