.50 Knight Long Range Hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I could use some advise on what bullet weight would be best for deer size animals, I;ll be shooting T-7 powder and bullet to bore Fury Bullets.

Last edited:
Not sure which Fury .50 bullet you’re going to use but there’s only a few options available for a .50 Fury. 275,285 and 320gn. What’s the distance of shots you’ll be taking?

Whichever one has the best accuracy in your gun. I tend to use the bigger bullet because pigs and even elk are on the menu too. But all of those would be plenty for deer.

Also depends on how far you might shoot. If less than 200 yards, they all fly about the same. If further, of course the smaller bullets fly a little flatter.

To further answer your question: the 275 is plenty of bullet for deer

I use 200 grain shockwave here in southern Missouri deer are about 120 to 150 pounds 100 grains of BH 209,plenty for our deer, this year shot a buck behind the right the front shoulder bullet came out left flank he about 50 yards, recoil is mild and bullets are easy to find. Hope this helps .

I would start out at 25 yds with 85 gr of 777 by volume, shoot 3 times, the 90ge, 95,100. See which is most accurate and go with that. If it were me, I wouldn’t go past that. My elk load out to 200 yds is 95 grV

I use 200 grain shockwave here in southern Missouri deer are about 120 to 150 pounds 100 grains of BH 209,plenty for our deer, this year shot a buck behind the right the front shoulder bullet came out left flank he about 50 yards, recoil is mild and bullets are easy to find. Hope this helps
I use 200 grain shockwave here in southern Missouri deer are about 120 to 150 pounds 100 grains of BH 209,plenty for our deer, this year shot a buck behind the right the front shoulder bullet came out left flank he about 50 yards, recoil is mild and bullets are easy to find. Hope this helps .
I rook a nice older spike buck last week, his back teeth were worn down to almost nothing, Knight Super Disc 1-20 twist 110 gn BH-209 250 gr Parker Ballistic Extreme. 50 yd shot just behind the right shoulder and out the other side,

I would start out at 25 yds with 85 gr of 777 by volume, shoot 3 times, the 90ge, 95,100. See which is most accurate and go with that. If it were me, I wouldn’t go past that. My elk load out to 200 yds is 95 grV
That;s where I always start to get on paper when mounting a new scope. Then I move to 50 yds and do my work up to see what groups best. Thanks.

Back