Need bullet for 45 that mics 456/461

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldranger

Reaction score
Trying to salvage a CVA 45 MR-X.
Factory returned it with their testing of recommended bullet shooting over 2 moa. My measurements are .456 / .461.
I find it difficult to measure, could be .457
Fury bullets has been helpful but there .453 is not the ticket. Based on my barrel
measurements, what size bullet ( full bore) is recommended ? I’m not opposed to having a swager made.
What size sabot for a 40 might shoot?
Open to suggestions short of junking it. I asked CVA to trade it in on something that would shoot. No deal.
Thanks for any help, Oldranger

Maybe try a .410" Bullet in a Harvester Light Blue Crush Rib Sabot?
It is a Real Shame that CVA wouldn't send you a .45-70 Scout / Hunter you could convert into a Smokeless Muzzleloader as they have Excellent Centerfire Barrels 😞

Trying to salvage a CVA 45 MR-X.
Factory returned it with their testing of recommended bullet shooting over 2 moa. My measurements are .456 / .461.
I find it difficult to measure, could be .457
Fury bullets has been helpful but there .453 is not the ticket. Based on my barrel
measurements, what size bullet ( full bore) is recommended ? I’m not opposed to having a swager made.
What size sabot for a 40 might shoot?
Open to suggestions short of junking it. I asked CVA to trade it in on something that would shoot. No deal.
Thanks for any help, Oldranger
https://evergreenballistics.com/product/458-350-grain-bullets/

Back