.500 Controlled Fracturing 240gr bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

air_rn

Reaction score
Any thought son this being shot sabotless out of a 1:28 knight Long Range hunter? Pics can be seen at Lehigh defense.

air_rn said:
Any thought son this being shot sabotless out of a 1:28 knight Long Range hunter? Pics can be seen at Lehigh defense.

It could be very easily - you might have to Knurl it a bit and use a wad-shot card- mmp sub base under it. it is a little light for me but for deer it would certainly do the job.

Controlled-Fracturing-500-240gr-Bullet-Rev-0_2048x2048.jpg

I have already shot a lot of these sabotless - knurled - with a sub base.

Xtreme-Penetrator-500-350-Bullet-Rev-0.jpg

Here they are knurled and ready to shoot...

That 240gr CF would be a very interesting bullet to try sabotless. In theory it should shoot in a 1-28 ML.

GM I was thinking the same thing. It has a low FPS requirement to function properly i think 700fps. I also like the fact it should be able to be shot in a 1:28. I may order some and give them a try. Sabotloader any update on the sabotless bullet they were working on? They had it listed on the website ofr a few days but never had any in stock? Are they continueing testing or did he scrape that project?

air_rn said:
GM I was thinking the same thing. It has a low FPS requirement to function properly i think 700fps. I also like the fact it should be able to be shot in a 1:28. I may order some and give them a try. Sabotloader any update on the sabotless bullet they were working on? They had it listed on the website ofr a few days but never had any in stock? Are they continueing testing or did he scrape that project?

Knowing Dave and how innovative he is I am sure it will be back at some point. Right if I understand things correctly he is so busy trying to fill a huge military contract his time to innovate is around the 0 mark + they are in the middle of trying to build another plant in a different location.

For what you are talking about the 240 could really work well. I was surprised and amazed at how well the big XP shot for me.

Latest posts

Back