700ML Remington should have made. Project #2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gle3105

If ur gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!
Supporting member
Reaction score
Did another one. This time a blued 50 cal. It shot very well so a BDL it became. Bare 209 conversion. Forget if Luke’s or Badger Ridge.
700 BDL stock and hinged floor plate. Ramrod channel milled. Full length & action bedded.
I do like em’.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0934.jpeg
    IMG_0934.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0935.jpeg
    IMG_0935.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
Did another one. This time a blued 50 cal. It shot very well so a BDL it became. Bare 209 conversion. Forget if Luke’s or Badger Ridge.
700 BDL stock and hinged floor plate. Ramrod channel milled. Full length & action bedded.
I do like em’.
Thats a really sweet lookin 700ML. Great job!

I do like em’.
How close does the stock fit before you start and does any one caliber the best to start with

Brownsiddown, You have a Remington BDL stock (as my post #1 depicts ) on a Knight 45 SML??
I’d like to see that.

SWEET! Built in the true spirit of the Model 700! Remington 700MLS 26" barrel with Badger Ridge 209 conversion, Boyds thumbhole stock.

Here is a picture of mine:

View attachment 41606
I tried one of those stocks some years ago. Nice looking indeed. Any laminated wood stocks are very hard to inlet.
I found ; for my like, the stock was too bulky for a hunting type stock.
Very “thick” in the pistol grip area. Varmint wide forearm. Beefy.

Smyrnagc’s 700 looks good though IMO.

I bought it from a member here a couple years ago. It is a little heavy but I like that, especially when using it in a shooting house with a rest. Very accurate rifle. I just have a sweet spot for a rem 700!

I bought it from a member here a couple years ago. It is a little heavy but I like that, especially when using it in a shooting house with a rest. Very accurate rifle. I just have a sweet spot for a rem 700!
I full length bedded that one. Then milled out the forearm vents. PIA🤣
Perfect for a shoot’n house!
I should sell the one I have. Just sitting in my stock pile.

They can be made into a really good muzzleloader with a bolt nose kit. The only real weakness after that upgrade is the Bolt Retention Screw.

Last edited:
Never had an issue with the retention screw. Yet. I keep extras jic. I measure primer crush to keep in check.

But knowing how posts can take off in other directions, this is about taking a 700ml and restocking with a BDL stock.

On my Knight 45sml I bought the stock from Boyds and had little trouble fitting it to the Brux 26'' barrel.I see very little differenc in the stocks as I see them.If Iwere more computer savy,I would post a picture but I have not learned how topostt from phone to computer.Sorry.Yes mine is a little heavy as well which I like also,but not in a tree stand.Ground blind only.

Very nice. Love the jeweled bolt too.
It would be a novel idea to make uo a little tool kit that could fit in the mag well. Just remove the mag follower to make room.

Bronko, I keep extra primers there. I got the idea originally from 700UML. Copying is form of flattery. :2cool:
Always good to have other ideas though. TY.

The metal mag & follower are left out when bedding. Not needed.
Wouldn’t fit anyways due to a solid single shot type action.

I insert a cut to fit piece of foam into the mag well before bedding.Allowing a dimension of bedding in that area under the action.
Once bedded it’s removed and a very dense piece of foam is cut to fit and inserted. Great place for the 209’s.

Last edited:
Back