Another one of my Remington 700ML Projects.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gle3105

If ur gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!
Supporting member
Reaction score
I’m a bit on the fence about this project. 😁 All puns intended.
Started with a Hogue green stock.
Re-barreled 700 ml 45 cal McGowen.
Full length bed. Cut ramrod channel.
Duracoated stock and metal.
PTG bottom 700 SA metal.
TriggerTech trigger.
Put a shop scope on it to range test.
It has a really good feel and shoulders well.
Making a better primer holder for it in the mag well.3439FF55-E0AE-41CD-B964-5365EB4B3780.jpeg0D0EE237-2281-4D94-A907-F5A34870B280.jpegA6D99FE9-6982-4187-9F68-4BF40B516050.jpeg400FAD57-F8D7-4FE8-B5DB-E508B4524BFC.jpegB66B5E4C-1FC4-4CBB-BF3A-24FB9141166B.jpeg

I’m a bit on the fence about this project. 😁 All puns intended.
Started with a Hogue green stock.
Re-barreled 700 ml 45 cal McGowen.
Full length bed. Cut ramrod channel.
Duracoated stock and metal.
PTG bottom 700 SA metal.
TriggerTech trigger.
Put a shop scope on it to range test.
It has a really good feel and shoulders well.
Making a better primer holder for it in the mag well.View attachment 23395View attachment 23396View attachment 23397View attachment 23398View attachment 23399
Sweet bud, whats not to like there

The same primer adapter is in the Paramount. It holds 4 Variflame modules, but they do fall out of the holes & when you open the trap door they'll drop if you're not holding a hand under it. I lost 2 Variflame modules like that.
I got the idea from Rem UML actually. The high density foam used keeps a tight fit. Drilled the holes undersized of course.
In addition to other materials I use the foam when bedding the action in magazine opening type stock.
So upon releasing from bedding and looking at the foam……Ouila’.
Just drilled some holes. Now I’ll make a cleaner straight line looking holder.
BTW. All primers stayed in place after 12 - 57gr 4198 300gr Fury pills.
Yay🏆lol

I got the idea from Rem UML actually. The high density foam used keeps a tight fit. Drilled the holes undersized of course.
In addition to other materials I use the foam when bedding the action in magazine opening type stock.
So upon releasing from bedding and looking at the foam……Ouila’.
Just drilled some holes. Now I’ll make a cleaner straight line looking holder.
BTW. All primers stayed in place after 12 - 57gr 4198 300gr Fury pills.
Yay🏆lol
Thats awesome! Great ideas & fantastic job on the whole gun.

You fellas have me curious about Sightron scopes. I bought one of Midway’s STac 3-16 duplex $249 free ship.
Other than a bit heavy I’m liking it.
Putting it on this 700.
Headed to Utah for elk hunt. Back to the range with this piece upon returning.
BTW Using the Vortex scope and range test I got a .7/8” group three shot with it. 😁 12x power.
Powder, veggie wad & Fury knurled 300 gr pill.
Other.
The McGowen barrel is very uniform. The pills slide down with uniform pressure. Which is fairly easy. I don’t feel any tight spots.

Ive got 2 STACs and 1 SII BlueSky.....Love Sightron scopes for the money. Watch for a SII BlueSky to pop up for sale. They are far lighter than the STACS and the glass is a little better. Tool-less zero rest also. Other than that the STACs in 3-16 and 4-20 are a bargain and seem to handle recoil better than scopes costing much more.

Ive got 2 STACs and 1 SII BlueSky.....Love Sightron scopes for the money. Watch for a SII BlueSky to pop up for sale. They are far lighter than the STACS and the glass is a little better. Tool-less zero rest also. Other than that the STACs in 3-16 and 4-20 are a bargain and seem to handle recoil better than scopes costing much more.
I don’t see a SII BlueSky rifle scope listed on Sightron’s website .
Discontinued?

Last edited:
Back