700ML Scope Bases

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
I picked up a like new stainless Remington 700ML for a really good price, and I was wondering if the Weaver scope bases for a Model 700 centerfire rifle are the same? I wish I had the skill it would take to drop this action into a short action 700ADL walnut or laminated stock.

The s/a bases for a 700 centerfire will fit, and I think it should drop in a s/a adl stock also. I've played with the idea of putting mine in an HS precision police sniper stock but I have not tried it yet

The barrel channel would require enlarging & the ramrod hole would require drilling I believe.

I think it takes Weaver Base Base#35 and Weaver Bease#36 the same as the other centerfire Rem Model 700 does

Just look for a used stock from a 700 that has a varmint contour, you could even use a bdl stk if you didn't mind the floor plate. Try hoosier gun works they usually have a bunch of used stocks for sale. As far as the ramrod ,I read some where that some guys are using some type of folding ramrod that you put in a pocket or fanny pack though I'm not sure if I would like that or not. Boyds also has good deals on factory seconds where you can get a laminated stock cheap.

I picked it up today and the Weaver Model 700 bases and Quad-Loc rings I had picked up on sale at Walmart for $5.00 a few months back fit it perfectly. I mounted a Nikon Prostaff 2-7X32 on it and a 2+2 black web sling. It came with all the paperwork & tools that Remington shipped from the factory. I might spring for the Cabela's 209 Conversion kit.

found a stock that will fit it 180294679224 thanks worm it is on ebay :twisted: :twisted:

Latest posts

Back