77 CJ5 update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
My brothers Jeep. He got the "interior" tore out of it today and we spent some time cleaning it out and getting the tub ready for Monstaliner. We still have to rough up the tub then really clean and degrease it before rolling on the liner. After that, he bought smooth black rocker panels to dress the body up a little. Smooth black 1/4 panel trim will also be next on the list. Not a whole lot to do. Muffler will be about the biggest PITA down the road.

I made damn sure to take dozens of pictures of the floor boards for when he goes to sell it! Some folks use this bed liner to hide rust/holes. Before the body panels go on, I also took body shots to show how clean the body and body lines were. Having these pictures to show whats behind a panel or underneath a coating is always a helping point when selling a vehicle.
100_2510.jpg

Completely cleaned and de-greased with MEK. Now to rough up the surface and then clean it all over again.
100_2515.jpg

jeep_r10.jpg

Im fixing to do the same thing to my 78 CJ7 just havent talked myself into getting started that seems to be the hardest part.Mine has more rust then your CJ5 but not too bad for a hunting buggy .
jeep_d10.png

My brother got lucky on this one. No floor rust other than where paint was scratches and a few tiny bubbles here and there which scraped off easily. Hoping to do the liner tomorrow if its warm enough. Almost 10* right now!

Im thinking about painting my 73 cj5 with this bed liner inside and out. They offer it in 44 different colors.

I have thought about doing the bedliner paint job on mine also just have some rust holes I need to repair first .

Do it! Its well worth it. Stay away from the cheap crap or the expensive stuff that gets hard. You want the flexy coatings.

What brand are you using ? I have read up on several just havent decided on one yet.

Monstaliner.

Holy fudge nuggets, talk about feeling dizzy after that. We did 2 coats total except for where you feet sit up front, we added one more just for added insurance since that is where all the wear and tear goes.

Rolled out very nicely and doesnt leave lines all over the place after it dries. The first coat only took 1 1/2 hours to dry before we rolled on the second coat.

Latest posts

Back