777 powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot52

Reaction score
I shoot 777 fffg powder out of my encore shoots great shoot black powder out of my 20ga. double barrel pedersoli 70grs was told by mfg. to decrease load 40 percent by vol. 70gr black = 42gr of 777 fffg went to texas shot a nice rio just wondering if this conversion is correct would like your opinions this is my first post here enjoy muzzleloading looking forward to your input THANKS

oneshot52

I would like to give you a great big HOWDY from Indiana and welcome you to the forum, It is great to have you here with us .

The 777 is about 15% hotter that BP or pyrodexso if you are shooting 70grof BP you will want to shoot 55gr of the 777.

Welcome to the forum. Lungbuster is right on with that.. 15% and since you are shooting the 3f brand you might even bump that number a little more. Although if my rifle likes 100 grains of Pyrodex RS it normally shoots the same with about 90 grains of Triple Se7en. So while they claim the 15% I never chisel that in stone.

In my .62 caliber (20 gauge) I shoot 80 grains of powder. I don't care what kind I am shooting. And then 90 grains of #5 shot. It seems to work for me. What range did you take that Rio Turkey at?

I also shoot a 12 gauge with an extra full choke and have not turkey hunted yet.. but sure gave the ruffed grouse a bad time this year.

Again, welcome to the forum.

thanks for the welcome guys shot that rio at 15yds. 22lbs. 101/8 beard 13/8 spurs just dont understand why guy at hodgdon told me to decrease 70grs. blackpowder by 40% =42gr 777 fffg ??? was shooting 90grs black out of my hawken flint 275gr. max hunter changed to 777 fffg 55grs mfg. conversion im out hunting pa. flint season now hope this load will be good to put one down no luck yet no shots have to jan.12 just gotta keep on huntin!!!

Latest posts

Back