7x57 muaser

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

By coincidence I just acquired another rifle from the same gentleman that built this one. It should be arriving tomorrow. The new has one an incredible piece of wood on it as well!

JC

My first real bolt action deer rifle that I got in 1998 is a 7x57 Ruger M77, old style tang safety. It was built in 1976 and has inscribed on the barrel "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty". One sweet shooting rifle that has taken many deer since I have had it.

Ruger1_zps5dcab9db.jpg

Ruger2_zpsa6fa0924.jpg

Ruger3_zps96d67728.jpg

Ruger4_zps49c7cf0a.jpg
[/img]

I have a Ruger almost like that. Same model but mine is a 7mm magnum. They are a great rifle.

no not a bicentennial issue. I purchased mine to tick my ex wife off, to be very honest with you. Mine was purchased 1986. I had an elk hunt booked out west. And I wanted a new rifle but the wife and I could not agree on me, investing in such a purchase. Long story short.. she made me mad about wasteful spending so I went out and showed her what wasteful spending really was.

After that I deer hunted Wisconsin in the south over huge corn fields. I had a Tasco World Class 3-9x40mm scope on it (still do). It was sighted in for 300 yards for the elk hunt. And I actually popped a deer at over 500 yards with it. Much to the amazement of my buddies.

That 7mm mag is a real flat shooting rifle. And hits like a truck. It really knocks them flat. My buddy that went out west with me purchased a Remington 700 BDL and he got his in a 280 Remington. Man is that a hard hitting caliber. We were coyote hunting one winter afternoon and he was doing some very impressive shooting with that caliber.

Back