1st kill new gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
Finally got the chance to pull the trigger on my, new to me, Knight Ultra-Lite. Shot a smallish doe at sunset. I needed her to fulfill the earn a buck requirement. 110 grains of BH209, 290 Barnes, and a Winchester 209. Took the shot at about 70 yards. She never took a step.

I love the rifle, it feels great in the hand. I found the shortages affected my hunting style. I always immediately reload. Since I was shooting BH209 and I saw her fall, I quickly decided not to reload. I didn't want to loose another 110 grains of BH209 and a primer. There in short supply for me. I hope I don't develop a habit of not reloading.

Finally got the chance to pull the trigger on my, new to me, Knight Ultra-Lite. Shot a smallish doe at sunset. I needed her to fulfill the earn a buck requirement. 110 grains of BH209, 290 Barnes, and a Winchester 209. Took the shot at about 70 yards. She never took a step.

I love the rifle, it feels great in the hand. I found the shortages affected my hunting style. I always immediately reload. Since I was shooting BH209 and I saw her fall, I quickly decided not to reload. I didn't want to loose another 110 grains of BH209 and a primer. There in short supply for me. I hope I don't develop a habit of not reloading.
everythings in short supply now glad u got one though

Congrats in breaking-in a new MLer! Those smallish doe are mighty fine eating and an easier drag. That's what I'll be looking for.

No pictures on this one. I didn’t think of it until after the fact. Dressed it on a hill side and it looks like I killed a small family there.

Latest posts

Back