A busy and eventful day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Last week decided I needed to use up some more deer meat since this season is just around the corner. Also I was all out of jerky. Took a bag of trim meat and started the thawing process. Saturday morning went into the garage, and started trimming off the fat and silver fibers. The cranked up the grinder and mixed in the spices, and put everything into the fridge. Yesterday I started early. Formed all the meat in jerky, and started the dehydrator. Gave it a couple of hours there and while I waited got busy getting the smoker ready to finish the job. Then gave the jerky a couple of hours of smoke and did the final drying there. Next project was to go to the now vacant house of my parents and deal with some yard work. There were thousands of apples :( :? on the ground from the 2 trees. We harvested the small garden we put it. From there went to my sons house. There was a branch broken on a large maple tree, so we had to cut it off and clean up. Finally got home at 3:45. Time for a refreshment ;). My wife went in to make and I had a little clean up to do. Put smoker away. Went to unplug the extension cord for the smoker and wouldn't you know it, I banged my head on the corner of a shelf. Almost dropped me to my knee :mad: :eek:. Grabbed the old noggin and sure enough, I'm bleeding :roll: . Boy am I bleeding. Off I went with a cold damp cloth held to the bean to the local clinic. An hour and half later I was home with 4 new stitches in my scalp. The sad thing was the ice in my drink had melted :(. My wife did feel sorry for me so she made a fresh one ;) :).

You bet. By the way, the jerky turned out great. My son and future son-in-law took half of it home while I was getting stitched up :?

I just noticed that this is in the welcome forum. That was not my intention, but probably my fault and mistake. Maybe some with the authority and no how could move it to the the General Topics and Humor where I should have put it in the first place.

Latest posts

Back